Chuck roasts

9 posts in this topic

Basically a cheap, tough cut of meat, I imagine most chunks of German beef would qualify :rolleyes: But if you cook it slowly in a dutch oven or slow cooker it's very nice.

Chuck roast is a general term for roasts that come from the shoulder or chuck, a heavily exercised part of the animal. These roasts usually include several different muscles, which cook at different rates. The solution is to braise chuck roast for several hours in cooking liquid with seasonings. Prepared in this manner, chuck roast turns into a mouth-watering, tender meat, steaming in its rich broth, ideal for the classic pot roast or stew. Chuck roast gets its rich taste from the fat and connective tissue, which are softened and blended during long cooking.

post-1037-1204882891.jpg

A bit of Googling turns up Rinderschulter or Rinderschaufelbug. Sounds more like a piece of military equipment than something to eat so I hope the recipe involves lots of marinading.

So Im looking to cook my girlfriends arse, under the covers in a large slow cooker, I have now got more than enough translation problems "Ich mochte bitte der po von meine freundin langsam braten unter die decke. in ein riesentopf". Do you think they will understand me, will I get what I want or just wht I need

Get a really big schmoretopf or whatever shove your girlfiend in, then the meat, and hand her a joint.

There.