Payback and other Loyalty Cards (bonus programme for shoppers)

90 posts in this topic

Don't forget that any Payback points more than 3 years old will expire 30th September 2017.  My neighbour didn't know and was saving her points until Christmas.  

PAYBACK Punkte verfallen am 30.09. jedes Kalenderjahres mit Ablauf von 36 Monaten ab Ihrer Registrierung. 

Elsewhere on the website, it's worded...

Mit Ablauf des 30.09. verfallen automatisch alle Punkte, die älter als 3 Jahre sind.

https://www.payback.de/pb/flc/fragenhilfe/fts/4398/id/32566/

Are you saying that payback are manipulating spending habits before the xmas period...

Forcing people to get rin ASAP and then there are few of no points to use at chrimbo!!!

Customer Manipulation at its best!

22 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Customer Manipulation at its best!

Looks like it. Same seems to apply to other point schemes too.  I collect a lot from Zooplus.de. Those expire at the end of the year. 

Actually, I think that Payback sends out enough warning emails about points losing their validity that it would be hard not to miss!

How does the expiration work exactly? Do I have to redeem all of the points we acquired by end of this month? Or is just by redeeming some enough for it to reset the clock and buy me another year?

We’ve assembled quite a bit of Payback points over the last 3 years but we forgot the password to our account, so no idea if we’re in danger of losing some or not. Hopefully we dig it up somewhere in the next couple of days.

54 minutes ago, Ben21 said:

How does the expiration work exactly? Do I have to redeem all of the points we acquired by end of this month?

Only those more than 3 years old:

On 17.9.2017, 09:49:09, emkay said:

Don't forget that any Payback points more than 3 years old will expire 30th September 2017.  

We’ve assembled quite a bit of Payback points over the last 3 years but we forgot the password to our account,

Order a new password, https://www.payback.de/pb/secret_anfordern/id/744760/ 

55 minutes ago, Ben21 said:

How does the expiration work exactly? Do I have to redeem all of the points we acquired by end of this month? Or is just by redeeming some enough for it to reset the clock and buy me another year?

We’ve assembled quite a bit of Payback points over the last 3 years but we forgot the password to our account, so no idea if we’re in danger of losing some or not. Hopefully we dig it up somewhere in the next couple of days.

You can login online and instore with your account number/card scan, date of birth and PLZ...not sure if this also works if you have previously set another login with password. 

As I'm not sure how old our points are, I just went to the Rewe in store machine and got the value as a credit on my card. 

Does anybody have experience with Swagbucks?

Is it worth joining up or not worth the effort?

On 23.9.2018, 20:03:55, robinson100 said:

Does anybody have experience with Swagbucks?

Is it worth joining up or not worth the effort?

Just thought I would mention that I joined at the end of September, and have so far earned €114 on Swagbucks, so, for me, it was well worth it!

BTW - if anybody else is interested in joining, please let me know, as I can get a bonus for "recommending" people.