Payback and other Loyalty Cards (bonus programme for shoppers)

90 posts in this topic

Wow, I'm impressed! Never known them to answer that quickly :) Just be patient, points will be unlocked in due course.

Today and tomorrow at my local DM they are offering cash for your Paypack points--so whereas I could normally get an in-store voucher for €13, I have the option of getting cash instead. Any reason why I shouldn't do this? I usually just use the points at DM and Alnatura anyways.

You can always exchange your points for cash via the Payback website. That's what I usually do. They transfer the funds to your bank account; 1 point = 1 cent. So unless DM are offering a better "exchange rate" than that, then I can't see what's so special about the offer.

OK, thanks. I didn't know you could exchange it for cash anyways. I think DM was offering a 10% point bonus on purchases, which only slightly sweetens the deal.

Yes, if you printed out a €10 voucher then they'd take out the usual 1,000 points but then two weeks later put back 100.

Hi everyone,

can someone explain what this REWE PAYBACK card is?

Thanks!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

It is the same card that you can use at Kaufhof, Real and many other places to earn points with your purchases. Those points can then be redeemed for certain goods. I have even donated mine to charity before.

Pick up the Payback pamphlet next time you see one and have a look.

Here is a thread on the subject that I found by putting payback card in the search box.

I have a Payback Card and I want to redeem all the points on it. I just wanna redeem them for free gas, nothing else. I went to Payback website, but couldnt figure out how to get free gas for the points. Can someone help? Dont know enough German to be able to meaningfully inquire about this at the gas station (Aral)...I can pit together the question, but most likely wont be able to understand the gas station attendant's reply...

In Canada, I could redeem them at Petro-Canada website for a Gas Card, and then use this card just like cash at the gas station...

Thanks

The Payback website says you can simply pay (partially) with your points at the register, as long as you have 200 points or more.

So the next time you fill up, just tell the guy at the register that you want to bezahlen mit meinen Payback-Punkten, bitte. I have no idea of the conversion rate, however.

I have a Payback Card and I want to redeem all the points on it. I just wanna redeem them for free gas, nothing else. I went to Payback website, but couldnt figure out how to get free gas for the points. Can someone help? Dont know enough German to be able to meaningfully inquire about this at the gas station (Aral)...I can pit together the question, but most likely wont be able to understand the gas station attendant's reply...

In Canada, I could redeem them at Petro-Canada website for a Gas Card, and then use this card just like cash at the gas station...

Thanks

The Payback website says you can simply pay (partially) with your points at the register, as long as you have 200 points or more.

So the next time you fill up, just tell the guy at the register that you want to bezahlen mit meinen Payback-Punkten, bitte. I have no idea of the conversion rate, however.

If you pay at Aral with Payback points, you also need your PIN number. At a lot of Payback places (DM, Real and REWE), there is a machine to print out a voucher and you need your PIN or to enter in the birthday that the card is register under, but at Aral as El Jeffo, you just tell the cashier you want to pay with points. I don't remember what the conversion is at Aral, but at DM, REWE and Real is one point is 1 cent and you can only do it multiples of 100 from 200 points on.

A Google search suggests it's the same rate at Aral. However you don't earn points when redeeming them, so it makes more sense to convert the points to cash (an option hidden away on the website, with the money paid into your bank account) and at Aral, DM etc. pay in cash and collect more points doing so. Although I accept that without a bonus voucher it's only a few cents' worth.

In the payback.de website it is written that you can collect points while shopping online. It says that you have to start from "online shopping" web page of payback.de and to get forwarded to the desired shopping website. I did it for different stores (Amazon, Ebay, Adidas , ..) but only the points from one of them got added to my payback account. I always do like this: getting redirected from the payback.de page (using my payback card number) to the store's website, and then immediately heading to the check-out page and paying the items.

So wondering if there is any crucial trick that i miss while shopping online in order to collect the points?

If you've previously visited the website not through Payback then it may not recognise the Payback referral. To be sure, clear all cookies first or (less drastically) use a different browser. Using any other vouchers or codes will also kill the Payback referral.

Anyway, Payback is so 2005; Qipu gives far more cashback.

I did it for different stores (Amazon, Ebay, Adidas , ..) 

So wondering if there is any crucial trick that i miss while shopping online in order to collect the points?

​Amazon no longer earn payback points. They withdrew from the scheme last year IIRC.

On 6/9/2015, 10:20:34, Allershausen said:

Amazon no longer earn payback points. They withdrew from the scheme last year IIRC.

They are now offering Swagbucks on Amazon VIP. SB is much the same as Payback, shop via the website and earn points. One advantage to SB is you can play videos and earn points. Not much 2 points per video but you can mute and let them run in the background. 

On Payback I'm just about to hit 5000 points which is worth 50€ cash in my account. I use it mostly at Aral and Rewe and I keep an eye out for coupons.

Update on Swagbucks: been a member for a few months and they are best for online shopping.  For example I wanted a pizza so I ordered via lieferando rather than simply calling the pizzeria directly. They had a special 8 times points. Yesterday I orsome meds and again 4 times points. I won't spend extra to get points but I will for sure go out of my way to order in a way which gets points. I'm just about to hit 5000 points which I can exchange for a 50€ Amazon gift certificate!

Deutschlandcard: pretty much the same as payback. Before getting gas I always check and see who is offering the best coupon and shop accordingly. 

It's a small amount of work but considering  don't work no real hassle. 

Edit: I installed the Swagbucks Chrome extension. Highly recommended!

On 6/9/2015, 9:59:50, Small Town Boy said:

If you've previously visited the website not through Payback then it may not recognise the Payback referral. To be sure, clear all cookies first or (less drastically) use a different browser. Using any other vouchers or codes will also kill the Payback referral.

Anyway, Payback is so 2005; Qipu gives far more cashback.

looks like Qipu is now www.shoop.de, not a lot of information online