Payback and other Loyalty Cards (bonus programme for shoppers)

90 posts in this topic

Does any of you PayBack users has had experience like that, increased inflow of paper and phone marketing actions?

Nope. Other than the discount vouchers (which I have used) via post once month, nothing.

I've got a payback card, just changed to payback plus, it's free why not? There's a jet ski you can get for about 360000 points so I'm saving up for that. Judging by my current accumulation of points that baby will be mine in about 240 years. :P

Ok there is only one problem guys.I ahve had a payback card for a while now.The points you make on buying stuff are only valid for a certain amount of time and then they get knocked off.You have to spend a hell of a lot of money to get owt worth it.

The points remain for three years. With the Payback Plus card, they remain indefinitely, provided you use your card at least once every three years.

well, then my fears are for naught and next time I get asked if I want to join I can now fullheartly say: Yes, I do!

Tks guys,

have a nice WE

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Ok there is only one problem guys.I ahve had a payback card for a while now.The points you make on buying stuff are only valid for a certain amount of time and then they get knocked off.You have to spend a hell of a lot of money to get owt worth it.

Well either get a plus card or when your points are due to expire just cash them in at one of the machines, even if its only a couple of euros its better then a kick in the whatever.

Is it possible to get a family card to be used by you or your partner?

When making a purchase, can you use anyone's card or do you have to be the cardholder?

The card packs normally contain 2 cards which are linked back to the same account.

This is one of the greatest programs ever. My wife and I have the credit cards, we get a point per euro spent on the Payback credit card, plus what ever the merchant offers per euro spent. Real gives 1 point per every 2 euros, Kaufhof Galeria gives 1 for 1, so does the dm. We also use the coupons which offer extra points 5x, 10x 100 extra points per purchase. It adds up pretty fast. So far we have traded in the points for two overpriced skype-enabled phones, an capable-of-more-than-making-just-coffee coffee maker, some electronics and a few other things we'd never actually save up for to spend real money on. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Now that Payback has teamed up with Legoland, our next goal is go to Legoland for free. Plus in the states a KitchenAid is only $199.00 here they are between 499 and 699 Euros.

If you have to rent cars very often you can rack up a lot of points that way. The coolest reward is an sub-orbital zero gravity flight.

Oh, and there is an iPhone / iPod touch / iPad app for that.

Last day I had gone to shop at Galleria Kaufhof at Karlsplatz Munich. I wanted to get a winter jacket for myself and while I was paying at the Kasse, I casually enquired with the middle aged attendant at the cash in English "I wanted to know how I can get a Galleria Kaufhof card". She looked at me and replied "Oh its only for the Germans, not for you. I am sorry.". It was getting a tight slap on my face. I usually dont know how to react in such situations therefore I didn't ask her further questions. Like whether she meant only people who speak German are entitled to it or only citizens are entitled to it. Maybe she meant I should have an address in Germany thinking I am just a visitor but she could have very well confirmed that by asking me if I stay here before insulting me. Felt v bad even decided not to shop there any more because I am also paying in hard earned euros.

she may have assumed you are a tourist as you addressed her in English.

wouldn't read too much into it, doesn't sound like she was trying to insult you.

I agree with Moonboot. Likely what she meant was that it was for people living in Germany, though obviously poorly phrased. Just take one of the leaflets next time and fill it out.

I have a payback card and am wondering how their Maestro card works. Does this have a card number that allows you to use it online, for instance?

It works just like an EC card. It has a number on the card and it also has a PIN. I've never used mine online but I don't see why you can't if the website allows such payments. I tend to use mine to buy petrol, instead of my EC card.

My bank issued EC card doesn't have a card number across the middle that enables it to be used like other Maestro cards on the web.

Applied for a Payback Maestro card (been their customer for over 2 years now), after getting all bank/Schufa info, they issued me the pin number and had it sent with a paper asking me for my nationality, sent it back ... they refused me the card! wtf?! they didn't even bother to ask for my residency or anything, just refused me the card... after issuing the pin!

really pissed me off...

I usually avoid mobile phone kiosks and top up my vodafone callya at somewhere offering payback points (like DM). At least that way, I can eventually convert saved payback points into a free vodafone top up so prepaid is not such a complete waste of money.

Can We earn the point in Payback after the purchase??

I am holder of Payback Card(No bank details linked)

I mean, i paid through cash and forget to present my Payback card. Or I bought something Online but not entered my Payback Card details.Is it possible to earn those points later.

Thanks in Advance.

if you take your receipt back to the shop with your card it's normally possible.

when you pay and you don't have your card tell them and usually they will inform you if it's possible to have the points put on your card next time if you keep your receipt.

Kaufhof usually does it.

Shops might but you can't do it with online purchases as you have to start the purchasing process through the payback website. i've forgotten to do this a couple of times and tried to get the points but it says somewhere in their T&Cs that it isn't possible.