Strange facts that you never wanted to know

601 posts in this topic

I dont understand why a cat can look so elegant when its washing its self!

lickey lickey paw... was behind ears...

Lickey lickey all down its back... its belly ...

Lickey lickey all down its tail...

Back legs high in the air... and lickey lickey balls and arse!

All so elegant...

But why do they look like Spastics when they try to lickey lickey that tiny bit of fur under their chin???

SpiderPig didn't you just lift that bit off some British stand up comedian? I can't remember which because it was probably on one of my YouTube marathons.

Mantis Shrimp can punch with their claws at an acceleration of a .22 caliber bullet, and exert a force of 1,500 newtons on their prey.

In smashers, these two weapons are employed with blinding quickness, with an acceleration of 10,400 g and speeds of 23 m/s from a standing start [8], about the acceleration of a .22 caliber bullet. Because they strike so rapidly, they generate cavitation bubbles between the appendage and the striking surface [8]. The collapse of these cavitation bubbles produces measurable forces on their prey in addition to the instantaneous forces of 1,500 newton that are caused by the impact of the appendage against the striking surface, which means that the prey is hit twice by a single strike; first by the claw and then by the collapsing cavitation bubbles that immediately follow [9]. Even if the initial strike misses the prey, the resulting shock wave can be enough to kill or stun the prey.

Mantis Shrimp Wiki

Was flipping channels and just saw a short news story on SWR about a few recent occurances where pets have been shot by hunters. Here it is online.

I knew that hunters are allowed to shoot dogs if they perceive the dog to be a danger to wildlife. What I didn't know is that German hunters also have the right to shoot cats! :o

If you measure from the base, Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea on the island of Hawaii ae both about 3/4 of a mile taller than Mt. Everest when Everest is measured from sea level. Mauna Loa is also considered to the the most massive single mountain on the planet, whereas Everest is part of an extensive chain of mountains. The summit of Everest is over 29,000 feet above sea level, but because it's base is at around 14,000 feet on its south side and 17,000 feet on the north, it is actually about 4000 feet shorter than Mt. McKinley (Denali) in Alaska, which rises up to over 20,000 feet from a low plain on one side that sits at about 900 feet on one side and 3000 on the other.

Our very own funf once had unprotected, consensual, sex with a boyfriend who didn't do as he was told. We learned about this in a thread about rape.

The town of Ellwangen just down the road from me was one of Europe's largest centers for witch burning. In 1588, and from 1611 to 1618, a total of around 500 witches were killed after several years of bad crops and plague. The judge was a specially appointed witch-commisioner or hexenkommissar who was not part of the regular justice system. No appeals were allowed.

Not only women were accused of witchcraft. Men were also tortured into admitting that they had dealings with the Devil. Most famously, three Priests in Ellwangen were executed for witchcraft in June, 1615.

The Abbey Road studios in London were the first purpose built recording studios in the world.

In the whole of North America there are five places with an apostrophe in their name.

The Abbey Road studios in London were the first purpose built recording studios in the world.

I keep saying, the Beatles invented everything in music.

People with F65.3, F65.5, F42.2 and F81.0 Personality Disorder Support Groups

International Classification of Diseases according to WHO (World Health Organisation)

F42 = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

F42.2 = Mixed obsessional thoughts and acts

F65 = Disorders of Sexual Preference

F65.3 = Voyeurism

F65.5 = Sadomasochism

F81 = Specific developmental disorders of scholastic skills

F81.0 = Specific reading disorder

In the whole of North America there are five places with an apostrophe in their name.

You watched QIX last night didn't you!

Our star, The Sun is 99% of our solar systems mass. (Not sourced from Stephen Fry)

I keep saying, the Beatles invented everything in music.

Bollocks.

The baby koala at around the age of four months eats a type of green faecal pap produced by the mother which inoculates its intestines for a gum leaf diet. It is different in content to a normal koala dropping.

One of the reasons the koala has a backward-opening pouch is so that the joey can stick its head out and feed on this pap which comes from the mother's own digestive system.

And talking of mouth to ass the 'film' Roger Ebert refused to give a star rating for the human centipede is 100% medically accurate (allegedly) but i really should not have watched the trailer. My eyes, my beautiful eyes.

Hitler invented the blow up doll.

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/the-nazis-invented-the-sex-doll/