Strange facts that you never wanted to know

632 posts in this topic

Eunoia is the shortest word containing all vowels. Another word containing all vowels without repeating any is cauliflower.

Just read this somewhere, but I have no idea if it's true:

Women can pick up a chair while sitting in it and move around with it, but men cannot.

Sounds like BS to me.

Has to do with a lower center of gravity in women than in men. Tested something similar to this in High school biology many years ago.

Eunoia is the shortest word containing all vowels. Another word containing all vowels without repeating any is cauliflower.

I might argue that Y is, indeed, a vowel in the English language.

Has to do with a lower center of gravity in women than in men. Tested something similar to this in High school biology many years ago.

I might argue that Y is, indeed, a vowel in the English language.

Tosh...

Its the Plunger effect...

You know... like the sicky plastic thingie on the end of a kiddie Arrow!

Innit!

I've heard of ladies picking up coins and stuff - but a whole chair??? That must be some powerful suction :blink:

Y is not and never has been a vowel.

I seem to remember something from ski training ( a long, long time ago ) about women being able to stand away from a wall and bend at right angles to the wall till their head meets it and then stand back up and men can't.

I couldn't anyway, my stomach muscles are built more like a Party 7 than a six pack. :(

Had to google Eunoia, did anyone know what it was?

post-5186-1225575305.jpg

Try writing down the solution to 9(99) - (nine raised to the ninth power of nine).

Warning! It will take quite a long time. In fact, even if you start at birth you won't be able to finish before you die of [very] old age.

Had to google Eunoia, did anyone know what it was?

Not at first but if you look at the two components separately you can guess: "eu" meaning "good" and "noia" meaning mental state --> normal mental state. In a pinch you could even translate it as "beautiful mind".

The word „incorrect“ is never spelled correctly

Yes, the only word spelled correctly is in fact correctly

Did you know that if you look at a 2€ coin, The Scandinavian Peninsula looks like a Knob and Bollox!

I suppose it should be called the Scandinavian Penissula! :lol:

Try writing down the solution to 9(99) - (nine raised to the ninth power of nine).

Warning! It will take quite a long time. In fact, even if you start at birth you won't be able to finish before you die of [very] old age.

BS. Google takes 0.28 seconds to bring up 387 420 489, wouldn't take that long to write it. Can also be done with pen and paper, or mentally or using logarithms.

Think you may have missed a bit :) Or read the question wrong. You have 9^9. OP was for 9^(9^9). Which is 9387420489

A number with 369,693,100 places. Don't think I can be bothered typing them all out.

Sesame seeds. I was wondering if there were a sesame tree that could grow from them the other day. Ends up, they come from an herb. And if you are interested enough, you can google which herb. Well, I never wanted to know this before yesterday.

1. purple, month, silver and orange are the only words in the English language which have no rhyming partner (rhyme royal that is).

2. Rolf Harris was born on planet Earth