Strange facts that you never wanted to know

654 posts in this topic

Hassloch is the largest village in Germany.

that's also the town they use to test out new grocery products. i even think they have different adverts in the lcoal newspaper.

My left ball is bigger than my right ball.

Or is it the other way round...

Depends on which way you look at it, I suppose.

Can you prove that?

Well I can dig out the calipers & double check.

Easier just to post a picture, I would think. Those calipers can be cold.

Use the Archimedes method: Fill a one liter container to the rim, submerge one breast, remove and see how much water was displaced. Repeat for the other one.

Preferably, this experiment is to be performed in front of witnesses, i.e. bar staff and patrons of Kilian's or any other Irish pub as their veracity is not to be doubted.

Same experiment is to be performed by rick_de at a Hens' Party.

Use the Archimedes method: Fill a one liter container to the rim, submerge one breast, remove and see how much water was displaced. Repeat for the other one.

Preferably, this experiment is to be performed in front of witnesses, i.e. bar staff and patrons of Kilian's or any other Irish pub as their veracity is not to be doubted.

Same experiment is to be performed by rick_de at a Hens' Party.

I have some issues with the methodology of this experiment and find it very biased against males. In the case of leky, the immersion in water will most likely cause an enlargement of the nipular area, which will affect the accurate measurement of the breasts in question due to increased water displacement. It will also have the corrolary effect of distractiing any male observers to the point that their opinions will be rendered useless.

In the case of poor rick_de, the testicular immersion will cause shrinkage of the sacula area, which will most likely result in severe embarassment and cause him to flee the experiment site, effectively nulliying any meaningful conclusions.

There must be another way...

Hmmm... maybe if they got together they would have te balls to sing "Thanks for the Mammaries."

In the case of leky, the immersion in water will most likely cause an enlargement of the nipular area, which will affect the accurate measurement of the breasts in question due to increased water displacement.

Good point, perhaps she should use baby oil instead.

Gravity is by far the weakest of all universal forces. That is the reason an ordinary refrigerator magnet can pick up a paper clip, overcoming the pull of entire earth's gravity

In the U-Bahn station this morning, on one of those "info-screens" that show newsclips, ads, cartoons and other trivia, I saw this "statistic of the day" which seems so bizarre I feel I ought to share it:

855,000 mobile phones are accidentally flushed down the toilet in Great Britain each year.

Can someone confirm this?

Can't confirm the whole stat, but our youngest daughter did drop at least two in the loo. Favourite place to put them is in back pocket of tight tight low cut jeans. So when they go to the loo, "peel" the jeans down, the logical occurs. ;)

That annoying advertisment for Müllers joghurt/milch and cherries conncoction with that dreadfull Barry Mannilow song originally had a loud record needle scratching sound at the climax of the commercial. I just noticed they have mercifully removed it. Oddly, I cannot pinpoint exactly when or why they took it out although the ad plays 100 times p/day along with the Actimel, Activia ads which comes in little plastic bottles and apparantly contains some type of bacteria called L. Defensi Casei which makes it easier to purge solid waste and makes the body glow acording to the computer animation.

I have also noticed that many ads end with a hearty, "Oder Was?" also many products contain Milch although I have not yet seen this combined with a meat product.

Nothing escapes my eagle eyes!

Just read this somewhere, but I have no idea if it's true:

Women can pick up a chair while sitting in it and move around with it, but men cannot.

Sounds like BS to me.

In the U-Bahn station this morning, on one of those "info-screens" that show newsclips, ads, cartoons and other trivia, I saw this "statistic of the day" which seems so bizarre I feel I ought to share it:

855,000 mobile phones are accidentally flushed down the toilet in Great Britain each year.

Can someone confirm this?

okay

No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!

Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!

Porcupines float in water!

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"!