Strange facts that you never wanted to know

654 posts in this topic

I don´t believe a rat can live longer without water than camels. No way. Two or three days and they are toast. Or at least dried rat.

There are infinite places on earth where you can go 100km southwards then 100km eastwards and finally 100km northwards, still returning to the departing point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is a region of the northwestern Atlantic Ocean in which a number of aircraft and surface vessels have disappeared in what are said to be circumstances that fall beyond the boundaries of human error or acts of nature.

I don´t believe a rat can live longer without water than camels. No way. Two or three days and they are toast. Or at least dried rat.

Unless those camels are carrying a 117,000 volumes library.

The surface of Venus has been mapped in far greater detail than the ocean floor on Earth.

Cats can not fart loudly

Dogs can't look up.

Now where did I see this before ...

You cannot lick your elbow

Tell that to my cats. Well, I guess you need to define loudly. If you mean that all cat farts are inaudible, it is not true.

My dog can look up, she loves to chase the ADAC helicopter, among other things...

I know more than a few people who can lick their elbow.

There are infinite places on earth where you can go 100km southwards then 100km eastwards and finally 100km northwards, still returning to the departing point.

I don't get it. Wouldn't you have to go west too?

I don't get it. Wouldn't you have to go west too?

I'd have said there's just one place on Earth where you can do what Mr Box says.

Nope, no need to go west at all. Unless you go south then west instead of east, but then you wouldn't have to go east to get back to the starting point, just north again.

Yes, Jeeves is correct, only one point, but an infinite number of ways to start south.

no you can only go north...

No shit Sherlock. If by that he means standing in place, I can see where the infinite places are, otherwise I'm baffled. Or, maybe infinite "places" means standing at the north pole looking at a different azimuth southwards.

EDIT: RM got it before me.