Deutsche Post complaints and criticism

445 posts in this topic

Anyone know what the process is to file a complaint about your mailman? Ours is needs to be fired.

No delivery on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday this week. They finally turned up at 11am today (they normally come at 8am, sometimes even on a daily basis) to deliver the mail, some of which was posted last Saturday already. It really is quite incredible that in a modern, Western country, the postal service just decides not to bother with a particular street for three days in a row. It's lucky I'm not trying to run a business here. Oh, wait a minute...

The complaint form was completed this morning, so I'll see if I get an explanation. Still missing one packet that I know for a fact was posted on Monday with Deutsche Post.

On the other hand, a friend of mine once sent me a letter with both my new and my old address in a lovely mix-up on the envelope and it still arrived. But my sisters bday pressie of 30 EUR never made it to her :(

The DHL parcel branch of the Post is not much better: DHL failed to deliver 3 parcels in the last year (addressed correctly, only problem might have been that my name is only the second on the letterbox after my husband's name). I tried to complain once when I saw the deliver man delivering a parcel to a neighbour only he didn't understand any german (and me no vienamese). I did ring the DHL hotline and they obediently took my complaint... well, let's see if the next one arrives or not.

Does it REALLY take 2 weeks to deliver a parcel from France???

I swear I could have walked there and collected it! Is it going via New Zealand?

I may have only gotten a D in geography, but I seem to remember that France was the big country NEXT TO Germany!!!

Oh yeah, and the parcel still isn't here so who knows, maybe I will experience another level of incompetence when it finally arrives on Monday, or Tuesday, or hey, maybe not at all.

maybe it's still in France somewhere??

EDIT:HEM was quicker...

The french post is very efficient as well. A friend sent a small card for his digital camera, perfectly hidden between two sheets of cardboard, with a third one with a cutout to make it flat (he's overdoing sometimes). The letter arrived, with a very small incision exactly at the place where the memory card was originally hidden. They must have done it while scanning by x-ray.

I had a similar problem with a Dutch bank. It seems that I don't write the numeral "2" properly. I tried and tried to write it like the typewriter just wrote it, but they kept returning the "checks"--I forget what they're called. It's actually all done between the banks, and you don't send a check to an individual.

Anyway, it was a continual problem, and one I did not expect!

The take home message is ALWAYS use your best printing and/or get someone who can print properly to write out the label (or in my case, write the number two.)

As for the requirement to write the sender's address, I know that in the U.S. that we cannot send packages without a return address to comply with anti-terrorism regulations.

ok, not deutsche post, but DPD, but such a special story i had to share.

so, i get home to one of those 'we called but you were out' notices which says that the packet has been left for me with someone. there's no address, just a scrawl that looks like 'islam gaststaetten'. so i walk up and down the street trying to find a bar or something with a name something like 'islam'. i come home, do searches in yellow pages etc, but nothing. then i have a sudden flash of inspiration.. there's a bangladeshi restaurant... no surely not. but yes, the parcel was there. 'islam gastaetten' rather than the name of the restaurant, or even the address. fuckin hell.

So

I'm an Argentinean national.

I applied for a US visa, which was approved. The US consulate in Munich will ONLY send you your passport with the visa via regular standar 1.40 euro crappy envelope mail.

They sent it 12 days ago.

It still hasn't arrived. It can't take that long for a regular envelope to arrive from within the SAME CITY!

Nobody will take responsibility.

They just messed up my life really badly btw, the closest Argentinean consulate is in Frankfurt, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to get a non-temporary passport to get it stamped AGAIN. If I don't, I'll lose a month traveling to Argentina and having the stamping there.

DEUTSCHE POST IS A PIECE OF STINKING POO! NEVER NEVER NEVER USE IT!!!

I wish I could sue their pants off! :-(

Call them at 01802 3333 and file a "Nachforschungsantrag" immediately. If you don't speak German and nobody at the hotline speaks English, have a friend call for you. If your letter/passport ended up in the dead letter office for whatever reason, this will help them find it.

I sell on eBay and I've never had a problem with Deutsche post and goods arriving at their destination.

Domestic > Within two days. Usually next day.

International > Even though after it leaves Frankfurt and the baton is passed on (wherever), everything arrives within the recognised timescales.

The staff at my local branch recognise me, chat, and are as helpful, as as helpful can be.

Everything I've bought from abroad (and then handled by Deutsche post) tends to turn up on the day I expected it.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Not sure if this is going to be a Deutsche Post or a Zoll rant. But its going here.

A parcel was dispatched from Tamworth Australia over a week ago. Overnight it made it to Sydney and then dispatched. Makes it to Frankfurt three days later. Since that time has been sat in Frankfurt with the online tracker saying: Your item arrived at the international processing centre in GERMANY - FRANKFURT/M at 16:31 on 04 Oct 2009, and is awaiting clearance for delivery processing.

It has had this status for three days!!! What on earth can they be doing with it???

I don't think it can be a Zoll issue as surely it would have been sent to Garching (the final destination is Munich).

I sent a parcel to Australia, surface mail. They said it could take up to 12 weeks. UP TO 12 weeks. Maximum.

It took just under six months.

The Deutsche Post is HORRIBLE!!! I HATE the fact that I can mail a letter on Monday afternoon and it won't get to the recipient until TUESDAY!!! Can you believe it? I hate the fact that when I place an order with Amazon on a Wednesday for an article that is in stock, it takes almost TWO DAYS to arrive! What a crappy system they have. Terrible.

Something should be done...

I'm pretty sure there is no such German loser, the reason the addresses have to be printed exact is that they are scanned and read by a magic postal machine. The machine doesn't use common sense so if part of the address is missing or ambiguous it gets sent back.

I know I'm replying to a very old post, but at least every now and then a human being must be looking through the letters that are rejected by the magic postal machine, because just the other week my dad received a letter that had his first and last name and the zip code and town but no street or street number. It still got to our house just fine. It might be an advantage if this happens with a recipient who lives in a smaller town (we live in a Munich suburb) as they may actually take the time to find out who it is for. It probably also helps if your name is unique (which my dad's likely is, at least in our town). We have also received mail before with out street name misspelled (with a C instead of a K), and it still got to our house. Might be that things have improved in the past four years or it might depend on the people working at the post office in your town.