Deutsche Post complaints and criticism

445 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

This was not a EU rule, but a decision by the Universal Postal Union which regulates international postal traffic.  However, I cannot find the reasoning behind it, so if you can link one please do.

Yes UPU, sorry about the confusion.   The reasoning is what I mentioned, fighting the terrorists.   The package must be marked with a special label in order to go through security checks and customs.   The label includes as well the electronic customs data for the package.  Some countries already do not accept packages without the new labeling, i.e. USA, Russia, Brazil.

https://www.paketda.de/news-warenpost-international-2019.html

53 minutes ago, Mackle said:

Interestingly, I've still received overseas non-document post in to Germany in jiffy bags. So it's only affecting outbound post?

It is not about the packaging, it is about the type of parcel.

16 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

@SmurfLee

Did you not have an issue with a package recently? Perhaps this thread is of help?

Most recently I got a pair of shoes from Otto. They sent to me in plastic bag. I asked Otto to narrow down the time frame within 4 hours, and Otto called hermes, did this for me. I waited at home to get the parcel.

I am sure there was nothing wrong with tihe international parcel from my sister. She used very formal box that she got from her post office. It was just unlucky mistake or accident, that the custom neglected or forgot the parcel.

Another parcel from miyabi arrived a month after it was sent out via DPD. totally ridiculous. I was not at home, my neighbor accepted it. I had to make a trip to DPD packetshop to return to them. The shop is so difficult to find. With google map I biked for more than an hour to get there. Will never use DPD.

We've had not one single normal national letter delivered for approximately the last 4 weeks. We know certain ordinary post letters were sent. We get private courier letters (Pin mail etc.) and we had one postcard from abroad delivered by the Post. Parcels are delivered as normal with no delay. Our immediate neighbours are also affected. The local post office (sub-contracted affair inside the supermarket) has no information about where our post might be.

Has anybody else experienced this?

On 5/12/2013, 2:25:31, Für Elise said:

It looks like the seller used a holepunch to make those holes, which make them slightly wider than the round end of the fasteners you need to use for Warensendung - the Warensendung parcels are not allowed to be sealed, as some of them get checked by postal workers to be sure they only contain an item with or without an invoice and no greetings card or letter.

The seller should also have folded over the top, but then again the person at their post office should have caught the instability of the parcel. My post office lady's a bit of an oddbod, but she always checks Warensendung parcels to be certain they're secure.

Still, if it came from ebay you should have some recourse from the seller.

I just went through this with my local post office, I get the same guy each time so he know me. So the first time he let it go, he put a note on the package. The second time I opened it and sealed it right there. But the other other box I taped lightly shut so I could open. It was busy so he said he'd check it later. Now here's the part I don't get. How can you ship an open box? I assume he checks it and reseals it.

Thanks