Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Things to do on a layover at Munich Airport

11 posts in this topic

I have a friend who has arranged a 4 hour layover at MUC just to have a chance to see me. The time seems too short to take him anywhere. My place is an hour away. Any ideas? The time is in the morning to early afternoon.

Both good ideas. Thanks. The spa would be very interesting if he were a she, but according to the website, the sauna and steam rooms are not mixed-gender, so we couldn't do that together. We could just go swimming though. So that's an idea...

Edit: wait, now I see there is a mixed sauna as well. Apparently, there's only segregation in the steam bath. This idea is looking more and more interesting. B) Where to get him a bathing suit though...

Edit 2: I just remembered, I do have some men's swimming trunks!

Erding Therma is only 15 mins away. one of the biggest Thermal baths in Europe. 14 Euros for 2 hours.

Both good ideas. Thanks. The spa would be very interesting if he were a she, but according to the website, the sauna and steam rooms are not mixed-gender, so we couldn't do that together. We could just go swimming though. So that's an idea...

Edit: wait, now I see there is a mixed sauna as well. Apparently, there's only segregation in the steam bath.

I have been to the Kempinski Health Club last year. There is a sauna and steam room which is classed as male/mixed. This means that males must use this area only. But women can too if they wish. Whilst the women have their own womens only sauna and steam room, if they don't wish to use the mixed area.

It was OK I thought. Nice to have a sauna and steam at an airport, just a few hours before travelling home. But the vibe and atmsophere just isn't the same as the normal German spas.