English-speakers living in Rosenheim

109 posts in this topic

She needs to have work permit before she can do anything and I would suggest she take a class at the VHS and help with her German. She will get a chance to meet new people and get out of the house a bit.

Welcome soon to be Rosenheimer. Since you aren't on FB I'll try and remember to post here when the next local GTG is with the FB group so you're informed. The FB group just started a weekly parent-kids GTG. Perhaps once your settled in you could bring your "charge" with you and meet some folks. be sure and post when you arrive here.

Thanks Woodridge. I'm going to book the flights in couple of weeks, so after that I'll know the exact date! Have so much to do before leaving the land of fin. Have to renew the passport, get rid of all the clothes, etc. Probably just going to pack two jackets, three pairs of shoes and some basic tops and skirts, and that's it. You sure have some shops there, right?

The parent-kid GTG sounds cool, how old the folks are there? I am 23, and the kids are 1, 4 and 6 years old, but probably going to attend with the youngest one :)

This is a great forum!

You'll be in time to come to the christkindlmarkt unfortunately, at the moment the weather is not cooperating. Rain!!! New Years be prepared for LOTS of fireworks. More than I ever saw in the US on the 4th of July. Have safe trip and check back in once your settled. And yes we do have clothing stores here :)

Woodridge, sounds cool! Not the rain, though. But it doesn't differ too much from the current weatber, so it can't be THAT bad! ;)

So, what are the Rosenheimeries plans for the NYE? If there's fireworks, there must be some must-be-place too!

By then, I will still be settleing down with the new family, but it would be nice to know where's the big party at too! Just in case I am brave enough to go out by myself!

You really need to join the FB group. Just set up a "simple" account don't need to post any personal stuff in it. But wou'll be able to hook up with other au pars who know where all the "in" places are for New Years. There will be fireworks everywhere. If you are taking a german class the ones offered by the VHS - Rosenheim are great and a terrific way to meet new people.

So what are everyone's big plans for the Saturday? I'm not sure how Germans celebrate the NYE, and wouldn't want to stay at the Irish pub the whole night, although after last wknd it turns out as a place to be ;) so would be great to know where's everybody at on Sat. Also, does anyone know what time the fireworks will start?

I love the sales, so glad I found some new clothes for basically free! Yippee!

Had to edit the autocorrect. Gotta love the iPhone <3

Has any other UK citizens received the letter from LK Rosenheim about Brexit?