English-speakers living in Rosenheim

109 posts in this topic

Hi, I am an English teacher moving to Rosenheim this summer. Does anyone have any tips on where/how to find teaching work in Rosenheim (or maybe where not to?) Anyone looking for an extra English teacher or know of someone who is? Thanks!!! I appreciate any advice or tips :-)

Yeah, sorry I forgot to say...I teach private lessons (business English, small groups, and children's lessons) and am not certified to teach in a normal German school. I am only certified to teach English as a foreign language.

Realistically it's going to be difficult if you want to work solely in Rosenheim. If you're prepared to travel you may have more success in Munich or Salzburg. Both within one hour depeneding which side of Rosenheim you live.

Maybe childrens English is the way to go. There is one company doing kids English and a few language schools though. A guick Google should find these.

Just to set your expectations English teachers in Germany don't earn a whole lot. Have a search around this site for more info on that. And be careful who you work for. There are some sharks around.

Hope you enjoy Rosenheim. It's a beautiful place.

Hi all, my wife and I moved to rosenheim from uk last september- are there any plans to have another get together? We would both be up for it, esp. if there were a few beer involved!

Hello everyone, I will be moving to Rosenheim in a few weeks and would really like to meet a few english speakers as well.

Hi everyone, my name is Liam Smith and I am from Scotland, UK. I am now living here in Rosenheim and am the Pastor of an international, evangelical Church called Destiny Church Roseheim. This may be of interest to folks looking for an english speaking church here in the area? We have 2 services on a Sunday - 10am in German with some English thrown in and 7.00pm in English with German translation. We have folks from India, America,the Philipines, Germany and of course Scotland so you would feel right at home. For more information visit our web site at www.destinyrosenheim.de. The information on the site is available in English and German...just click on the appropriate flag in the top right hand corner. If you have any questions or would like to find out more, email me either from the site's enquiry form or direct at liam.smith@destiny-church.com. Would be great to have you along! Regards, Liam

I missed it, what a bummer! Im a native to san francisco and i would love love love to meet some fellow english speakers. is there another event planned now that the weather is awesome?

There are plenty of events , just keep an eye on the Facebook group. There is some crazy tree climbing thing planned in a few weeks , if you're that way inclined.

There are plenty of events , just keep an eye on the Facebook group. There is some crazy tree climbing thing planned in a few weeks , if you're that way inclined.

Is there an updated link for the facebook?

I seem to be unable to get in ?

We're actually in the process of moving from München after 6 years to Würmsdorf (Riedering) today. I need to start working on my Bayerische.

Hey'all!

Just a quick hello from a soon-to-be-Rosenheimer, who is not on FB, and would like to meet new people.

I am moving over in a couple of weeks from Finland, and going to work as an au pair for about a year. Hopefully will have time to travel around a bit on weekends/holidays. Always up for a drink & good company, so would be great to join your meetings or just arrange something in the mid-January maybe?

Let me know if there is anything. Thanks!

Inca

Welcome soon to be Rosenheimer. Since you aren't on FB I'll try and remember to post here when the next local GTG is with the FB group so you're informed. The FB group just started a weekly parent-kids GTG. Perhaps once your settled in you could bring your "charge" with you and meet some folks. be sure and post when you arrive here.

Hallo, my name is Fuad and i jut get married last 3 weeks.Im studying here in Rosenheim but come from Malaysia.

The problem is.my wife also follow me to Germany and also live in rosenheim.She feels bored living at home alone and she need job in rosenheim that dont need German language.

She is a teacher in Malaysia and looking for a job that need her skills.Like education for child and so on.

If anyone can help,please do email me at bleksmik@yahoo.com

Thank You in advance :)