English-speakers living in Rosenheim

109 posts in this topic

Gotcha. I liked the Irish pub in Rosenheim. Has a great "feel" I just mentioned that it doesnt have wine as an FYI. Im usually a strictly wine drinker but have learned to appreciate a russian or a raddler (pardon the horrible misspelling) I cant blame them for not carrying it when its such a waste to pour out something that goes unused.

So my Dh is getting better and our container arrived with its share of problems and issues. But thats a subject for an entirely new thread.

So when would you all like to get together? Lets do this :)

I have my kids this Monday thru Weds so no can do this week. Week on Monday works.

I should read this thread more often. :) But I'd like to do a curry night. I only know of one Indian restaurant in Rosenheim, though: Mata... something or other. Pas knows it. Does anyone know of a different one?

Mondays should work now for me (until I go on holiday in a few weeks).

There is a second Indian opened up on the road out to Real. I know the guy that runs it but haven't beén yet.

The one out in Raubling would be good for a takeaway but is basically a kneipe. Not a pleasant atmosphere but the food was actually very good.

Given that Woodridge, Rhaposody and Myself all seem to be Kolbermoor it might be easier to all just meet up at Gramaphon at some point?

Grammophone is good for me on Monday (yes, the German holiday). I'll be gone all weekend and therefore won't have anything to eat since I'd have to shop on Saturday...

Can't do this Monday as I'm in Munich. I could do tomorrow night later on but it's probably late notice?

Hi there!

I'm an American living in Bad Aibling - married to a Bavarian boy - and I came across this thread.

I'm mostly active on Facebook and even started a group for Americans in the area (and all English speakers really). We've organized a little meet-up at the Maxlrain Biergarten (www.maxlrain.de) for Saturday, June 28th at 3pm. I'm extending the invite out to everyone on this thread, since the more the merrier! :*) We'll have an American flag at our table so you can spot us. :*)

If you're on facebook, just do a search for "Americans in Rosenheim Area" and you'll find our little group.

Hope you can join us!

Carol

p.s. I've PM'd everyone on this thread, but just in case there's a technical error... I'm copying it here as well!

Hi Guys, have been living in Rosenheim for a long time but just registered.

Brian's is the only place in town, good beer and good craic.

Only place to train for the Herbstfest too...bring it on!! :)

A Rosenheim meet seems to be the longest running none event on TT. I'm in Scotland and England the next two weeks but must try and organise something after that.

We had such a fun time on Saturday, so thanks to all of you that made it out (Stephi, Marlon, Bridget, Andi, Kimberly, Randy, Uschi, Karen, Pascal, Sebastian and the 6 little munchkins). The kids also enjoyed running around the playground like mad, so I think that perhaps we'll do this spot again next time. :*) At least while we have such gorgeous weather! (And if the folks at Maxlrain will allow us to come back - as we were quite boisterous!) ;*)

Please feel free to view the few pics we took on Saturday - they are on the event page for Saturday's meet-up on Facebook. You'll need to register on facebook to view them - and we're under the group name of "Americans in Rosenheim Area".

I think we should organize our next meet-up on for Saturday, July 26th - so everyone can mark it in their calendars. Same time - 3pm. Hope to see everyone there!

We really enjoyed the meet up with the Americans in Rosenheim group. We were unable to make their second GTG as we had weisswurst breakfast that morning/afternoon so no driving of wheeled vehicles. As fest season is now in full "bloom" perhaps a meet up at one of the local fest would workout.

Otherwise, we really enjoy this place www.turneralm.de Plenty of shade trees. And if its a really hot day you can walk over a take a dip in the mangfall. There is a large stoney beach there great for enjoying the summer weather.

Hey! I'm a kiwi (New Zealand) staying in Kolbermoor at the moment, but leaving for a trip around Europe on the 8th Dec, coming back 27th Dec. I kinda had a job lined up which was one the reasons why I came over here (however, I'd bought my ticket beforehand!), but it seems to have fallen through. You guys know anywhere I could look for work in this area starting around the 27th Dec?

Jobs around here are not as easy to come by as they were. If you don't speak German even harder I suspect. Not sure if there is any seasonal work available in the mountains at the ski resorts but you're some way from them anyway. 45 mins to Sudefeld is perhaps the nearest.

On a general note for people living in and around Rosenheim. There is a new Irish Bar in Bad Aibling called Gelling´s the Bogtotter.

It's not exactly authentic. The landlord is Liverpudlian and the decor is more British than Irish but it has a nice atmosphere. He does Walkers crisps, Guinness, and he's just started doing South African Pies. Pie and chips for less than 8 euro's. I was in with Leeza the night before last end he even had the Liverpool game on with the English Language feed. I'd highly recommend it and meet there from time to time with other English speakers in the area.

Helloooooooooooo people! Anyone still living in Rosenheim?? Ive been here since August and although I speak German I miss the english banter and would like to have a beverage or 4 :-) with any ebglish speakers??

We are still here. In fact, we moved to Kolbermoor in October. I'd be up for a GTG.

Anyone have info on finding a kindergarten in Kolbermoor could use some input please send me a message.

ciao