English-speakers living in Rosenheim

109 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!!! I moved to Rosenheim about 18 months ago and I do believe I will be hanging out in this area for a while... I learned german pretty quick but as of right now I am actually losing my english a little... I need people to talk and hang out with!

So if you are out there... let's drink a beer, and talk and laugh together!

That would be me then. Well Kolbermoor.

Actually there are a few around but we've never managed a get together.

We are here too (Angie and David) , just moved here from the US in September. Our only problem for meet ups is that we are still working on finding a babysitter for our five year old son.

Just pop into Mcgoverns irish pub in the atrium ( 1st floor , junction bahnhof & munchenerstrasse ) any evening , Brian the landlord is Irish and speaks english as do myself and the other english & irish guests , ther are probably 10 or 12 native english or hibernoenglish or american native speakers who regularly come to the bar !!!

The idea of a Rosenheim get together has been floating around for ages. We really should name a date and do it.

We (me, hubby, daughter, dog and bearded dragon) just moved to Rosenheim last week. Im from the burbs of Chicago and my husband is originally from Munich and went to college here at the HolzSchule. We've got a 22 month old and Im trying to find a playgroup to work on my German and for her to meet some other kids. We'd be open to a get together with or without little ones. I read the post about the Irish Pub at the atrium so I think we'll stop in there sometime soon.

We're near Kolbermoor near the Mini cooper dealer/Kaufland for now living with my inlaws and looking for a house to rent before our container arrives.

Well that's the short version of my long story. :D

Hi Rosenheimers, We would also be on for a get together any time. My husband and I (no kids or pets) moved to Flintsbach am Inn near Rosenheim at the beginning of February. Our German is not great yet which means conversation in our local pub is limited so meeting up with some English speakers would be good. We have also not had a night out in Rosenheim yet so would really like to go to the best drinking spots if someone can show us around. Sounds like the Irish bar might be a good starting point. Any suggestions for a date?

Weekends are pretty tough for me for the next few as I'm away or looking after my kids. A monday or Tuesday night could work well.

That , or perhaps a lunchtime somewhere.

We are planning on going to downtown Rosenheim for the big festival on friday night. Its in the pedestrian area. We do plan to pop into the Irish pub very soon. Perhaps even tonight. Next week we anticipate the arrival of our 40ft container :blink: So things will be crazy.

A Monday night could work well for us if we were to meet 7.30pm onwards. Anyone else fancy a Monday evening get together?

What's happening on Friday evening? As we live out of Rosenheim I haven't seen anything about it.

Most in the next few weeks should work for me. Probably 8 onwards is better.

Have a date in mind?

Monday 28th April, 5th May or 19th May would be fine for us . Anyone else on for a Monday evening beer and chat? If so let us know if you have a preference on date.

I've PMed everybody who has Rosenheim or nearby on their profiles and it looks like Sunday there will be a little outing with the kids.

If there's anybody else interested who I didn't PM them as they don't have Rosenheim or nearby on their profile then just drop me a PM.

Just pop into Mcgoverns irish pub in the atrium ( 1st floor , junction bahnhof & munchenerstrasse ) any evening , Brian the landlord is Irish and speaks english as do myself and the other english & irish guests , ther are probably 10 or 12 native english or hibernoenglish or american native speakers who regularly come to the bar !!!

Why don't I live in Münchener Strasse any more!?!

You and the boa should get on the train and come and visit sometime. Many threaten to visit Rosenheim but few have managed it so far.

Anyway tomorrows kids meetup is on.

12 O'clock in Rott at cafe dengel.

Really looking forward to this as I spent way too long sat on my own with an mp3 player here last summer.

http://confiserie-dengel.de/de/besucherpark/

It was great fun.

Next up really should be an evening at the Irish Bar in Rosenheim or a curry. As summer arrives I'll likely get on my bike and could well pop in there at some point.

Plan B would be Gramaphon in Kolbermoor as I refuse to go in the Irish Bar here since it turned into a smoking club.

Sorry we didnt make it yesterday. Lil one is fighting a cold and now DH seems to be succumbing. As for the Irish bar being a smoking club. The only smoking was outside when we went the other night. However, if you want wine forget it. its on the menu but they dont carry it. and pizza is the only possible munchie, which did smell pretty good.

I like Plan B but not sure will make it if Dh isnt feeling better. :(

@ Woodridge , your getting the Irish pubs mixed up , in Koblermoor there is an Irish pub ( no justifacation of being Irish except sells piss poor Guinness ! ) which is now a smokers club. McGoverns ( Brians ) is an Irish pub owned and run by Leinsterman from Mullingar , he actually uses the sports equipment on the walls ( hurling sticks ) and was a European hurling champion with the comiciles ( Munich GAA team ) . He doesn`t sell wine because there is no real demand for it , and hates pouing away 2/3 of a bottle (which he has often done before he'll sell a customer offwine ! ) . He will by arrangement get wine in and sell it by the bottle .