Commerzbank customer experiences

45 posts in this topic

Times are changing. I can't use my US Paypal account any more because I don't have a US cell phone. They used to send all of my notifications per email.

Do you not have a Comdirect account? Only Commerzbank? 

I just looked at the help page and the registration for mobileTAN requires a SMS code to be entered, not just confirmation that the text has been received. After that you will receive a letter in the post with a second code.  Once that has been entered, you can use mobileTAN.

Wie aktiviere ich mobileTAN?

Feedback

In der PIN-/TAN-Verwaltung im Persönlichen Bereich ist zunächst Ihre Mobilfunknummer zu registrieren. Zur Bestätigung der Rufnummer erhalten Sie einen Bestätigungscode per SMS zugesandt. Dieser ist noch im Registrierungsprozess einzugeben. Nach diesem 1. Schritt erhalten Sie einen Aktivierungscode per Brief, den Sie nach Erhalt im Persönlichen Bereich erfassen. Erst nach der Aktivierung können Sie das Verfahren nutzen.

If you look at the help pages for mobileTAN you might see where things are going wrong.  In comDirect there are a couple of videos on the subject.

It looks as though international numbers are still OK but I am not going deep into the registration process as I don't want to mess up what I have...

Many thanks for pointing this out. This seems to be what has happened, so will wait and see if the letter comes.

The particular confusing bit was the message appearing in the mobileTAN section about photoTAN, when I had not ventured into that area at all.

Kind thanks.

My screen has radio buttons to select the active/default TAN option.  i.e. one is always selected.  My guess is that that is the top one, photoTAN, so when the mobileTAN attempt failed it switched back to the default setting and then failed again...  But who knows...