Commerzbank customer experiences

45 posts in this topic

I opened my Commerzbank account when I moved here just over two year ago and haven't had any problems (none that I can recall anyway). No charges either except for once when I forgot to print out my statement - if I don't print it from their machine at least once a month, they will print it and I get charged so much per page. But that's okay, that was the option I went for when opening the account (can't remember what the other options were now) so fair enough. I was charged interest (about 5 cent) once in the first couple of months, phoned my adviser to ask why, he couldn't understand it and refunded it immediately with profuse apologies.

To be honest, I think you could start a thread about any bank and you will have some posts like the ones immediately above this one and lots of people who've never had a problem. It's the same in any country I think.

iam at comdirect the internet/onlinebanking branch of commerzbank, its totally free of any charge. Cash is available at every commerzbank office and serveral others.

Reminds me of a proverb:

A banker is a fellow who offers you an umbrella, but takes it off you the second it starts to rain.

ON Topic

I personally have been satisfied with the Deutsche Bank and the Sparkasse for years.

About Commerzbank

I am most distressed with my recent experiences with this BAnk> i have a very diffocult account manager who only replies my e-mail quiries at his own pace - if he does at all. I have had problems with money transfers in which even despite instructions for them to make all charges to my account and transfer the money in currency of the target country - transfers to the recipient bank are 100 to 500 Euro less. this is despite the fact that my bank statement indicates that the amount transfreed was equivalent the exact amount that I intended the amount to be. After I raised concerne I was told that my account had been credited Euro 50.00.

When I pursue the matter the guy either does not reply or he sends e-mails in German. When I insited he treatened that my account would be closed.

What I need help with is Commezbank's customer service e-mail or telephone or where I can lodge official complaints and some listens. I am desperate - I am in PApua New Guinea

I will appreaciate HELPPP! :angry:

Ok, ignoring the previous post for various reasons (Been on tt for a while now) I would like to say that commerzbank have refused me access to my account, although it contains a sizeable amount of cash.

In all fairness, my account was on minus, but as soon as they requested a certain amount of money it was transferred to them and more.

My last 2 salaries have been paid in since the account was balanced and I still haven't been able to get to it, they cut off online banking, took my card, and now won't answer the phone any more!

I was with commerzbank in ottobrunn for over 10 years, and am now considering legal action against them.

Lot of effort put in to that panda, for that alone it deserves a green. Especially impressed with the number behind the number thing... been watching inception?

Especially impressed with the number behind the number thing...

You can look up the landline numbers that hide behind those expensive hotlines here :)

been watching inception?

Seen it, wasn't too impressed.

I've been with Dresdner Bank which recently has become Commerzbank and I've had some rather bad experience with them which I have describe here: http://blog.english-team.com/2012/08/10/commerzbankdresdner-bank-bic-problem-english/

I opened my account at Commerzbank because that is first bank I worked in at the lady I approached spoke English. Since back home I have always used internet banking and have rarely gone inside a bank since 2003, I requested the same from them. There was an initial problem with the TAN numbers, the SEPA payment which were restricted, etc. I simply phoned the lady because her name was on the card they gave and in English solved my problems for me and gave me my credit card for my crazy online buys.

I have since then not gone back to the branch as I simply do everything via internet banking. I do regular international transfers as I have to pay my house back home and give relatives money, I have received payment from outside. It does take a lot longer but I am fine with it.

The other day they called me as they want to increase my credit limit (I did not request this), I told them that their opening hours are an inconvenience to me so will come one day when I have time.

In my early experience of dealing with many companies in Germany I found asking politely if I could talk to someone in English, or if someone who spoke English could call me back, worked well enough - I would make a joke out of it saying I could try to speak German to them but they might not understand me and we'd probably get this done faster in English. I let this assist my choice of companies I wanted to do business with.

Then I learnt to speak German.

I opened an account when I first came to Germany. I spoke almost no German then, and the guy I saw (had to make an appointment for a few days later) in Frankfurt was very friendly. At the time, Sparkasse's online banking was only in German, so I ruled that out straight away.

I had all the documents within the next week. They posted the TAN numbers a few days later, but I was in no rush, so it was not problem. I've rarely gone into the bank, but they are friendly enough when I do.

If you withdraw money from an ATM, make sure you use one in the banking group (DB, Postbank, maybe others.. I just look for those), otherwise it costs money.

Anyway, I'd recommend them, but I only use them for receiving my salary, withdrawing money, the odd domestic transfer.

I have had dealings with two banks so far. My first account was with Deutsche Bank in Munich. Almost everyone in the bank spoke in english and I had no problems at all. However in the DB in Bonn not everyone was comfortable with speaking in english so I ran into some troubles. I then switched to Commerzbank and I really like my bank manager. He speaks excellent english and is very prompt in responding to my queries. Online banking is also very convenient as the website is in english. I can definitely recommend them.

My personal bank-person (not a manager of any sort, just the person whose number I have etc) is fantastic - when I had a problem with TANs and needed to do a transfer on a day I couldn't make it to the bank, she did it for me over the phone. Plus I've had no trouble getting credit cards, loans etc as required. (I speak German and have a permanent contract, which I admit makes banking a lot easier, plus I have enough going in that there's basically no fees.) So I'd also recommend them, but I can't say how they'd react to someone in a less lucky situation.

Hello, anybody knows if you can keep your Commerzbank Account even if you move out of Germany ?

And what would the fees be ?

I wonder if any Commerzbank customers can help me out with this.

I have recently set up an account with them and transferred money to my account. I want to use online banking.

I do not have a Smartphone, but thought I could still use online banking by paying 12 cents for an SMS message.

But the problem is setting up the system. When I go for mobileTAN verwalten, I receive the test message to my Nokia phone.

However, when I tick the box to say that I have received the message, I get this message:

"TAN-Verfahren nicht verfügbar. Das photoTAN-Verfahren ist nicht nutzbar, da die Aktivierung noch nicht abgeschlossen ist. Bitte rufen Sie die TAN-Verwaltung auf und aktivieren Sie die photoTAN mit dem Aktivierungsbrief, der kürzlich an Sie versendet wurde."

But I have not gone for photo-TAN. I am beginning to think it may even be a browser or technical problem (I use Chrome). The reason, as I say, for going for mobile-TAN is because I cannot use photo-TAN.

Or have I maybe not understood something with the process? I have accounts in two other European countries and all use completely different systems.

[I know I can buy a reader, which costs 30 euros, but would rather not (it has to be specially ordered anyway).]

Any Commerzbank customers out there?

Usually the activation uses some letter you receive by Post at home.

No idea about mobileTAN ... never used it.

When I look in "PIN/TAN-Verwaltung" in comDirect, I see both photoTAN and mobileTAN with the preferred option highlighted.  It also tells me which has been activated.

For whatever reason, it looks as though what you are seeking to achieve is trying to use the default TAN option and that seems to be photoTAN, which is not activated yet.  Try selecting mobileTAN and either registering, re-registering or completing activation.

Or have I misunderstood?