Cycling partners sought / bicycle touring

120 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I am looking for some cycle buddies for 60-100 km rides over the next 6-8 weeks. I know it's still cold but a good base layer and a neck warmer will work (says the Canadian). Around 25 km/hour will be dandy :) I'm not familiar with routes around these parts and despite the threads and maps found on Toytown I am not confident enough all by my lonesome.

Let me know who is interested!

Anybody interested in meeting for a racing bike tour during the week? I do have time the next 14 days. For example Munich to Oberschleissheim, then one tour around it on the yellow roads. Calculated from Munichs city center, this should be 60 km.

Here´s google maps for Oberschleissheim

http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&q=oberschleissheim&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Hi Everyone!

I am looking for some cycle buddies for 60-100 km rides over the next 6-8 weeks. I know it's still cold but a good base layer and a neck warmer will work (says the Canadian). Around 25 km/hour will be dandy I'm not familiar with routes around these parts and despite the threads and maps found on Toytown I am not confident enough all by my lonesome.

Let me know who is interested!

Hey Vidlak :) , I'm very much interested in slowly starting the season! Saturdays are usually the best for me, but drop me a line if you want, and we can arrange something. I don't have a gps or anything, so my routes usually depend on the maps or things I've written down:), or I simply get lost and enjoy the scenery. However, if you're good at maps reading/remembering the routes, http://www.bikemap.net/ is a really good start!

Would love to join you. I'm currently riding at moderate training speeds (around 30km/hour on the flats) and have 2 hours most days to ride.

Hi Everybody!

With the warm weather it is nice have some riding buddies. I would be interested in meeting north of Munich (for a 2-3 hour ride. Saturday or Sunday (April 9/10) morning start time, so I can still get some things done in the afternoon, lke watch Paris-Roubaix! Let me know if you are interested and we can set a meeting time/place.

And hope you can make it on Saturday cause on Sunday there's another cycling tour I'm attending.

Multik - I am coming from Garching. How about Saturday at 10:30 at the Allianz Arena (southwest of the stadium there is a bridge that crosses over the autobahn)? Go for 3 hours or so...

Hi,

umm OK, we can meet there. It's a 16km from where I live. So 10:30 tomorrow, right? How will I recognize you?

I have a green Marin, (from good old California) :)

M

Hi,

sorry for today! I got completely lost on the way to Allianz Arena. I'm new to Munich and it took me "a bit" more time to get there than I thought. Sorry! Next time we should swap numbers.

Martin

Anybody interested in circeling around the Regattastrecke Oberschleissheim München this Saturday?

One turn is 5 km. This is a good chance for everybody to check out the spot, the 3muc Triathlon will be there on 25.+26.06.2011 http://www.3muc.com

I will drive there from Berg-am-Laim. This Saturday 14.04.2011. Arriving at the Regattastrecke at 14:00 h.

I do have a black Giant bike with tri-bars, will be under the trees on the top left corner of the Regattastrecke Google maps

I have my rear wheel on my table (casette and everything). Would it be suitable to be there (hoping I manage to put it back together) with a mountain bike? I don't think I can pedal faster than 30-35 kmph.

Speed/Bike is no problem. It´s not necessarily side by side cycling. What I do think of is more a training where everybody can make a round and then wait for the others at the start. And possibly go for another round.

I was at the Regattastrecke today. Arrived late. I hope nobody was there at 14:00 and missed me.

Driving conditions were very good. Not much people, only a couple of inline skater, joggers and cyclists.

Ride through the city was difficult. Next time I would do all the way to Feldmoching with the U-Bahn.

Sorry, just realized that this group is focused on roadbiking but can't figure out how to delete this post.

So, anyone here also into mountain biking? I've found some trails online and Garmisch looks good, but have never been down there.

I'd like to ride for a few hours on moderate trails & get prepared for some tough and technical trails later in the year.