Cycling partners sought / bicycle touring

120 posts in this topic

I had an absolutely amazing ride on Sunday:

http://piaw.blogspot.com/2008/05/another-bavarian-ride.html

It was gorgeous. I am very very impressed with the Holzkirchen area, and will explore more this coming weekend (Sunday and Monday). Anyone interested? I promise not to go on dirt if people aren't comfortable with it. I did find some excellent 20% climbs that I will reprise. :-)

Hey there, relatively new to Munich but would be keen to get and explore by bike! I wouldn't describe myself as an experieced cyclist but would love to get out and do more. I have a mountain bike and am reasonably fit though so if anyone doing any rides that might be suitable for a less experienced rider - I would been keen!

I hope everyone had good riding during this amazing long weekend.

You bet!

Went to Starnbergersee with my girlfriend on Sunday, 55km nice and easy. Today I went to Ammersee, 100km, nice and windy (damn, that hurt on the way back).

Yes, that was a See weekend.

My trip went as planned, Kirchseeon to Wolfrathausen, 65 km, most of it along forest tracks, passing by Steinsee, Kastonseeoner See, Aying, the Saltzburg/Ausburg Roman road, Kloster Schalflarn, with a little tarmac here and there

Who's up for riding tomorrow? The forecast is for overcast skies but no rain. Overcast is great for flower pictures, so I laid out a route out of Holzkirchen to retrace some of the most amazing wildflower sights I saw a few weeks ago, and explore some new country. If interested, let me know.

Just so that you all are aware every Wednesday at 18:00 the ADAC have a guided ride for road bikes. 26-28km/h leaving from the wooden bridge by the Zoo. They go for about 2-3 hours and it costs 3 Euros. They are always great rides if you want to learn the area, don't be scared off by the pace they do split into two groups if needed. Enjoy

Greetings!

I am not new to Munich, or Germany for that matter, however I am new to Toytown. :unsure:

Anyhoot, I am also an avid cyclist, both MTB and Road.

If anyone is up to a ride this WE, then drop a line, won't you?

Southeast of Munich is best, but transport isn't a problem if you need to start somewhere else...

Cheers.

The forecast for Sunday looks good. I'm considering a ride out of Holzkirchen. Want to join? PM me or post here with contact info.

Piaw - looking at your map, just a recommendation . If the second time when you cross the A8 you go out (east) and around the lake and then south eventualy to rejoin your route at Meisbach ... it's a lot (A LOT) nicer route ... you'll enjoy that some much more ...

I'm planning a bike trip this weekend- from Wolfratshausen to Walchen See and then back to Tutzing. Does anyone want to join me?

Hi everyone, I'm interested in "light" bicycle touring, 30-70 km, road or offroad (so long as it's not too hardcore).

I ride an MTB - Kona Firemountain, and my favorite kind of ride usually includes some sort of cultural element to it...

"let's go explore neighborhood X and see churches Y and Z, along with palace/castle/fortress A"

"let's go explore villages B and C on the outskirts of the city"

"let's go to one of the nearest cities, spend the day there, and get back by train".

"let's take the S1 train to A, explore it, ride to B, explore, and return on the S2 train"

Reply or PM me to talk about this some more!

Topics merged by admin