Cycling partners sought / bicycle touring

120 posts in this topic

Oh darn!

I will be out of town then. I will be returning that day.

Look forward to meeting up another time for a ride. But I too have either a road bike, which I prefer to ride, or a mountain bike. I however have not been training on my trainer! So I am a bit worried that I will be at the back of the pack bringing up the rear!

Have fun on April 6th! I will continue to check back here to see if you plan any other rides.

I don't think I'm going to be able to make the 6th any more - sorry guys. But next time, road or tracks...

1. astro_rabbit

I'd be really interested in getting back into biking shape also!

Could do the 6th.

How intense do you two plan to ride? This would be my first ride out in a while...so I just want to make sure I can keep up with you!

Sounds like fun.

I am not training for a triathlon thingy.

The ride is flat terrain. There are no killer hills. We are off road for 70% of the way. Forest tracks are very wide and normally in good condition.

The pace is at the pace of the slowest rider, meaning when there is a turning, I will wait, I don't want anyone becoming lost.

I carry some basic tools to deal with punctures.

And if there are any problems, then the S-Bahn is nearby

The overall distance is 60km.

But if you join this ride, then you joint at your own risk.

I am not training for a triathlon thingy.

The ride is flat terrain. There are no killer hills. We are off road for 70% of the way. Forest tracks are very wide and normally in good condition.

The pace is at the pace of the slowest rider, meaning when there is a turning, I will wait, I don't want anyone becoming lost.

I carry some basic tools to deal with punctures.

And if there are any problems, then the S-Bahn is nearby

The overall distance is 60km.

But if you join this ride, then you joint at your own risk.

I feel the need to test out my new boot covers and I think tomorrow will be suitably cold.

The deal:

Road ride, one hill (fine for tri or racing bikes); 55km, no coffee stops. Start from West Schwabing and head north. Haven´t decided what time, so if you´re interested, PM me or post here.

Shame; you could've tested them out with me today. Nice bit of hail in to a headwind to keep me awake, it was the first time I've used the shoe covers for a few weeks. It's almost as bad as Dec/Jan out there again; I remember the last weekend in Feb was almost like summer...'go figure'

Sorry, I had an urgent appointment with some very nice roast lamb yesterday. The weather looks much nicer today, so we´re heading off as soon as we have got our bikes sorted out. Anyone else want to come along?

Edit: Nobody? ok, well, off we go

I would be interested in riding from April onwards, I usually go about 60-100 km @ 23-25 km/h average. So I guess I could join Bron and libby. I'll check the thread regularly.

Road only for me as I only have a crappy road bike with flimsy wheels.

I would also be interested in joining, last year was doing some good distances, this year still need to do some work..

Am thinking about this Sunday 30th. Would like to go from town (but am flexible) down to Tegernsee/Bad Tolz, via Wolfratshausen or Dietramzell.

Any interest?

Ian

I can't do this weekend, but have fun, that sounds like a nice ride.

With the clocks changing, short after-work rides will be possible too soon, if anyone is interested.

By the way, the toe-covers worked a treat. Highly recommended.

I'm still going riding Sunday, taking the s-bahn out to Wolfie, people can join that if they want, but its going to be muddy, and I plan to do some recce as well.

I'm cycling road and off-road so this looks like MTB stuff? I'll also be on for 6th April then bring my MTB. Would also prefer a road ride but weather looks bad also...

1. astro_rabbit

2. libby

3. potatoeman

I will be riding on my own, if you want to join me, then PM me. But please do not expect anything wow.

The plan is to take the SBahn from OBF out to Ebenhausen, then cycle along the Isar to Wolfrathausen, then cycle from Wolfrathausen to Starnberg. The bit between Wolfrathausen/Starnberg is where I am doing the reccee. I have no idea of the condition of the path.

I just got a road bike and I'm looking for people to go riding with or some tips on good cycling routes. I live in the Poccistr. and I don't really like biking in the city and have found a lot of the bike trails aren't paved. Is my only option taking the S-bahn?

We've got a similar thread going on here. I'd love to join you on some riding out of the city. I'm a little tied up for the next couple of weeks, but I'll try to organise something as soon as I can...