Smoking ban in Berlin

224 posts in this topic

They are continuing to smoke in most bars and restaurants in Berlin as they will not start controlling until July.

luckily, yes. can't remember any restaurant with smokers since 1st of jan. a bit different in bars and clubs though, but also there: a lot better than before.

Erdbeer has been non-smoking since before the ban took effect, and Belushi's seems to be following the law even without the threat of fines. I've heard second-hand that the former Old Emerald Isle (Murray's?) has separate smoking and non-smoking rooms, but I don't know if they actually have the required airlock between them. Most of the other stories I've heard have been of disregard for the new law.

Marcellos (Friedenau) last week on a busy night, zero smoke. My first smoke-free experience in Berlin, a bit shocking.

In a lot of places, they are still tolerating smoking. I can certainly attest that there are main bars that either have smoke sections or certain so-called 'smoking corners'. I haven't been to a place yet which doesn't tolerate any smoking.

Let us know if, after looking around thoroughly, there are any places which don't have some kind of smoking area. You'd be surprised especially if you didn't look hard enough!

Belushi's was completely smoke-free last night. There was a constant group of people smoking outside, and I saw several people from inside walk out with their cigarettes, then come back later. Amazingly, the world did not come to an end, and the place was packed.

as a non- smoker the difference is amazing, i lived here in 93 -2000 and there was bars you simply couldnt breath in i worked in one of them . the old joke used to be "shut the door your letting the smoke out"

now when i see these gangs of smokers freezing there bollox off outside a bar or club

it does make me snigger,shame, wee lambs GET THE MESSAGE 'GIVE UP' IT SMELLS SHIT TASTES SHIT LOOKS SHIT COSTS SHIT LOADS

MAKES YOU WEAK GIVES YOU CANCER(REMEMBER THEY CANT CURE CANCER) SORRY ABOUT THE RANT BUT COME ON ITS TIME TO SEE IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS, WHY BUST DRUG DEALERS AND LET WANX LIKE PHILLIP MORRIS(he sells a weed that you roll up put in a paper and smoke) WALK AROUND,

o.k. i'm finished

gonna go off now and shoot heroin up wif me crack pipe :)

Superfluous information there, think we got the message twenty words prior

So your ranting about peoples health with this smoking mallarky, yet you're out there going hammertime on the alcohol at midday? Tsk tsk. Pot, kettle, blacks and all that

Kilkenny's pub is still a smelly zone. It's amazing that there are pubs still like this around. They should start hitting them with heavy fines.

Niagra Falls is amazing, as is the grand canyon. People doing something they have been able to do for decades and decades before complete lunacy took over is hardly amazing.

settle down tattie muncher.