Tips for passing a practical driving test

209 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a practical exam soon and my German is not well-enough, especially the terms about the cars etc. I hope it will not be a problem. In the beginning of the exam, I am planning to inform the examiner that my German is not well-enough. I am also studying the necessary words. Do you have any further suggestions? Thank you in advance.

58 minutes ago, counters said:

Hello all,

I have a practical exam soon and my German is not well-enough, especially the terms about the cars etc. I hope it will not be a problem. In the beginning of the exam, I am planning to inform the examiner that my German is not well-enough. I am also studying the necessary words. Do you have any further suggestions? Thank you in advance.

According to your profile, you are from Turkey.

Assuming this is correct, take a look here:

https://www.autoextrem.de/threads/fuehrerschein-auf-tuerkisch-in-deutschland-machen-so-gehts.221665/

- you should be able to take the test in your own language, but might have to pay for a translator for the practical part of it.

3 hours ago, counters said:

Hello all,

You do not need to know many words, are you taking driving lessons? If not, you will most probably fail the exam, not because of the language. 

If yes, why don't you ask your instructor to simulate the exam?

On 10/07/2022, 19:15:23, counters said:

Hello all,

Try not to crash the car during the practical test, as it will not go down to well with the examiner 

What does your driving instructor think? If he/she thinks your German is good enough, it probably is.

Mine was utterly crap when I took my driving test - we had had to mime endless things through the lessons, eg. 'Berg hoch' with a sloping arm and fist-car moving up it etc. really very shite, but the test was fine. You are not there to chat.