Tips for passing a practical driving test

145 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i failed my practical driving test last two weeks because i almost hit a car while trying to park. Can someone give me a hint on how to pass my test with easy? i am having a repeatation next two weeks.

Hi,

Today, I failed driving exam with second attempt...

any experiences/tips on driving exam (praktsche pruefung) ?

spent a lot of money for driving hours and thinking to giveup... :(

Thanks,

kg

Topics merged by admin

presumably you have already passed the written exam?

in which case giving up would be a shame.

my friend needed a few times to pass, it´s not unusual.

fingers crossed for you next time :)

I passed the written exam already...

firsttime, it was my mistake. I didnt wait enough time to yield the priotity road while turning left. As there were cars on the priority road were a little bit far away, I thought I could turn left soon. But, my drving instructor stopped

secondtime, i drove well...but my driving instructor stopped as he thought i didnt maintain enough distance to the parked cars on 30 zone street :-(

there were cars parked on both sides...

It seems all depend on the driving instructor and examinor...I am still worrying that i may do small mistakes again in the next attempt...dont know when i will do pefect... :-(

i heard, some examinors ignore small mistakes but may not be in all cases

Are there any other instructors in the school? you can take another one for the next time. But it seems like your errors were real serious mistakes, maybe you need some more practice hours. You are almost there, do not give up.

Grr!!!

I have my praktische prüfung in 2 weeks. A good friend failed his test for the second time. Both times his test lasted only for about 15 mins. 1st time reason = Not enough "Shoulter blick". 2nd time reason = didnt overtake a cycle and was driving at 10/hr in a 30 zone.

any tips as to what i must watchout for?

cheers

I failed first time (UK) for going over a roundabout instead of round it :). I was a nervous type back in tohse days. What you need is a pleasant distraction that makes you feel confident and positive, I found a new relationship just before my second go so I was high on that and sailed through second time.

any tips as to what i must watchout for?

Bike lanes behind parked cars >_>

I failed first time (UK) for going over a roundabout instead of round it .

My instructor looked like he got a heart attack when i took a roundabout in 4th gear at 70 km/h :lol:

You can definitely get lucky with an examiner that will let things go. For my original exam in Iceland, I forgot to turn the lights on, I think the rest of it went ok. For my Canada exam, I almost hit a car while attempting a lane change but the examiner was just back from vacation so was in a jolly mood and let it go. Just practice a bit more, try to be careful and hope you get lucky with the examiner next time.

Doesn't help if the examiner thinks he is in a different vehicle.

When I did my HGV test (lkw/truck/lorry) I was in a DAF 10Tonner, the examiner was much more used to testing people in Bedfords.

So he tried to make me go under bridges that were too low for the truck, a DAF is a good 30cm higher. Tried to get me to change into 1st gear while still moving, not a good idea. Oh and made me turn onto a road not really wide enough for the thing.

And then had the nerve to fail me for Speed plus at the end.

Passed on the second attempt though.

Hello volks,

Unfortunately, I failed the driving exam (practical) third time today... :-( :-( :-(

No idea...whts happening to me during the exam...I drove very well in the practice classes...did a lot of practice ...I was also well prepared by having review at all places/streets in Google Map/earth where the exam normally takes place...

This time my mistake was...A cyclist wanted to cross the road at a roundabout, I stopped on the pedestrain line/zebra line before the roundabout while entering into it, and let her go...but, i failed as it was too late...in examiner's opinion...i should have stopped quite far from the line...I just touched the line...

I dont know whether I can get german driving license at all :-(

Is it better to wait for a while?

Does anybody know how many times I can take the exam...and whether I have to take theory exam again...if I fail again?

Getting frustrated with it...May be, I am having TOO bad luck...

Any suggessions? Changing driving school/wait for some time/giving up?

Thanks in advance...

kg

Just keep trying. At least you didn't have any trouble with the written test, unlike this gal: :huh:

A woman who has taken the written exam required for a driver's license nearly every day since 2005 has failed again - for the 771st time.

The woman is now hoping that attempt number 772 will break her unlucky streak.

If you're feeling a bit down, then just spend a little time googling and you'll see you aren't the only one who failed a few times before finally passing and getting the license. So chin up, and don't stop trying!

Failed Driving Test Five Times Now?

keep going till you reach your goal i failed 4 times did it on The 5Th my mate did his on hes 7 th attempted its hard work

Hey there

my sister failed 11 times until she finally passed so dont worry u will get there so stop getting so stressed about it.

u WILL get there dont worry

would it help if i wait for a while and try?

spending a lot of money...just for driving license...

much stress...day by day...and for each attempt ;-(

You failed again with a serious mistake. Instead of blaming other ones or the "luck", you need to learn how to drive.

I´m sorry to hear that, koenig. Did you get a different instructor now? Sometimes you simply don´t make any progress with a specific instructor. Obviously Stuttgart is a nightmare for any learner driver as well.

I would advice to take the time out now... now you are just stressed out and it is not the best frame of mind to go into any test.

But the important thing is, dont give up. How long have you been in Germany if it is less than 6 months you should try to drive with the help of a friend or something, to get you more experienced to driving on the wrong side of the road.

The way I did it was, I drove the first 6 months with my normal Indian License, and then took the test... I was more used to driving in Germany, and was cool about it... test lasted only 15 minutes and I got it.

All the best...

About the Roundabout, if it is not a zebra line, there is no need to stop before you enter the roundabout. But when you go out of the roundabout, and if there are people trying to cross the road at the exit, you have to wait at the exit/inside the roundabout...