Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ex-chancellor snared by new anti-smoking law

9 posts in this topic

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,3089647,00.html

"They were recklessly smoking in public and someone like Mr Schmidt should know better -- he is setting a very bad example, so we launched legal proceedings," activist Horst Keiser told Reuters.

"How can children and young people be expected to grasp that laws must be respected when even a statesman like Helmut Schmidt ignores them?"

That may not be the end of the story. The law must also apply to him. Its probably because hes SPD. If Helmut Kohl had been caught smoking in similar situation all hell would break loose from the lefties wouldn't it?

Its in the news that Schmidt will not be prosecuted, hence a law for them and a law for normal people

Its probably because hes SPD. If Helmut Kohl had been caught smoking in similar situation all hell would break loose from the lefties wouldn't it?

What a load of bollocks!

Guys stop whining about it - the authorities in Hamburg clearly stated that there will be a transitional period where people will be warned but not fined.

I am sure that after that period if they caught him again he would be fined, and he would pay. Simple as that.

I appreaciate the new law very much, but it doesn't say people must stop smoking. It just says that it's not allowed to smoke in certain places. So people will continue smoking. Get over it.

What a load of bollocks!

Wrong!

I appreaciate the new law very much, but it doesn't say people must stop smoking. It just says that it's not allowed to smoke in certain places. So people will continue smoking. Get over it.

And that was one of the places he was not allowed to smoke.

And whoever believes that thinks Bush is intelligent too

You better be careful with accusations like that, fuckwit.

Say I believe in the easter bunny. Fine. Bush? I posted my opinion about a case in Germany - nothing to do with Bush.

Wrong!

And that was one of the places he was not allowed to smoke.

You conveniently left out the fact (again) that there will be no fines before April. For anybody.

Let's see what happens after that. If he carries on in April and still does not get fined, I stand corrected.