Irish nationalism

139 posts in this topic

Hey Bluedave,

have you been edumacated so far! Methinks you've opened yourself a wee can of worms last night! :D

t

So how can someone know what it feels like if they are on the other side of the fence?

I should perhaps mention that my father was Irish and that half of my family is in Coleraine so i'm not entirely ignorant of Ireland.

That's the spirit!

Right, serious business. Have to go post a warning in RLP forum. Going out for first long drive in car on the right side of the road. Only fair to warn people :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm not guilty of voting for the crooks! I object to that statement! Assuming of course that the Opposition are not crooks! Ruddy politicians are all crooks as someone else implied.

You know that's the bullshit line I hear peddled by those who vote Fianna Fail left and right. Overwhelmingly that party has been infested with corruption since Haughey and Fianna Failers will tell you "they're all at it" and mention Michael Lowry, without failing to mention he was booted out of the party the day after the scandal broke.

There are and were parties and people who did give a shit and were honest , McDowell , Alan Shatter , Des O Malley , Alan Dukes and Pat Rabitte for example.

Going out for first long drive in car on the right side of the road. Only fair to warn people

I hope you mean the right hand side of the road, for as we all know the right side of the road is the left hand side. :P

You know that's the bullshit line I hear peddled by those who vote Fianna Fail left and right. Overwhelmingly that party has been infested with corruption since Haughey and Fianna Failers will tell you "they're all at it" and mention Michael Lowry, without failing to mention he was booted out of the party the day after the scandal broke.

There are and were parties and people who did give a shit and were honest , McDowell , Alan Shatter , Des O Malley , Alan Dukes and Pat Rabitte for example.

I didn't vote for FF and didn't the last time either. But the people who liked the extra money in their pockets won this time. Pity, because it seems there's now a gaping hole in their pockets.

I hope you mean the right hand side of the road, for as we all know the right side of the road is the left hand side.

now, now! Am married to somone who grew up driving on the Right (hand) side. It's been beaten into me that the left side is the wrong side ! Wish me luck !

Most countries in the world drive on the right-hand side of the road, so you're in good company.

post-9625-1200228724.gif

Alan Shatter

what an unfortunate name.

secondly on that map India is marked in red for driving on the left, this is bollocks they drive on any side of the road they wish to

I prefer Rugby as at least we have (or had) a decent team there for awhile. Roll on the Six Nations! I'm afraid I won't be supporting anyone but the Irish

A-ha! And here we have one of the most confusing aspects of Irishness: Rugby Union. The Provos and Proddies and the Loylies and the Fenians and the Orangemen all seem to agree on just the one thing, as far as I can tell. There is a united Ireland. Behold the emerald green yet somewhat churned brown patch one hundred by seventy meters in Ballsbridge on who's hallowed ground Ireland United lives.

secondly on that map India is marked in red for driving on the left, this is bollocks they drive on any side of the road they wish to

Pretty much the same in China as well... especially if you've got say, a military truck.

Yep. I have to admit that if England aren't 'in it', then my favourite, ne only method of enjoying any championship, is watching The Irish watch Ireland. There should be a rule that if England don't qualify then the Irish automatically go through.

Okay, I am Irish, and hate being called English! Then again I also get mistaken for German, French, Italian, Romaian, Scottish, Turkish, Tunisian, American and Pakistani!

As for FF grrrrrrrrrrrr I am a dyed in wool blueshirt! Come on the Kenny!