Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy a ceramic hair straightener

17 posts in this topic

Ladies,

I'm coming to Munich on a business trip and would like to buy a hair dryer and a hair straightener (preferably ceramic) on my way from the airport to a company near Karlsfeld. What types of stores sell these things (so I can recognize a sign or something in a pinch without having to search a million stores). Of course I'll look in the airport as well.

Thanks!

Heather

The only hair straightener you should buy is a GHD - the only one that works as it should - and you cannot buy it from retail stores - only online.

GHD used to be the best for sure but I think other brands have now caught up. I've had a GHD for three years, but it has dropped on the floor so many times that the plates have come away from the housing and they catch my hair as I use it.

So this Christmas my sister bought me a new one. She subscribes to the Which Guide in the UK and they recommended a Vidal Sassoon professional model VS5312UK, so that's what I got. At around €45 it's a lot cheaper than the GHD, and I've only been using it for a few weeks but I would say it's without a doubt as good as my old one. It heats up as fast (or faster), gets just as hot, and the plates are the same.

I saw straighteners in Müller in Tal yesterday (didn't look at which brands) so I guess any sizeable branch will have them - there are two in Dachau which is close to Karlsfeld so you could get your taxi driver to do a bit of a detour.

http://www.mueller.de/

http://www.hairstraightening.net/HAI-hair-straighteners.html

I bought this brand of hair straightener from Vidal Sasson in Chicago and it works great for my hair. I think the GHD technology is being used by many other companies. The most important thing you want the product to have a ceramic plate and preferably a way to adjust the heat, which is what mine has. I use a transformer to convert the voltage.

I got a Babyliss Proffessional at a Hairdresser-Supply store close to Karlsplatz /Stachus. The store is called Para (Herzogspitalstrasse). I've got really curly hair and I'm very happy with this straightener...costs around EUR 50.

bought my GHD at Headlines Haircutting on Eppstener Strasse. love it!

** last time was at Headlines, one of the junior stylists had a go with the small GHD and some lose curls - they were gorgeous! wish I could do that at home :)

why don't you just get a travel-hairdryer and straightener that can change voltage? I got them in the States and they work just fine! And are extremely convenient for any other trips, all you need is a plug adapter! Unless you're staying here, then that's not really worth it :)

On 1/12/2008, 12:20:41, mountainflyer99 said:

Ladies,

I'm coming to Munich on a business trip and would like to buy a hair dryer and a hair straightener (preferably ceramic) on my way from the airport to a company near Karlsfeld. What types of stores sell these things (so I can recognize a sign or something in a pinch without having to search a million stores). Of course I'll look in the airport as well.

Thanks!

Heather

nice sharing!!