Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life in the town of Kriftel near Hofheim

3 posts in this topic

Hi There,

We're moving to Frankfurt in March so we were up at the weekend looking for somewhere to live. Found a nice place in Kriftel in walking distance of the shops and S-Bahn, and we loved the look of Hofheim... is this a good choice??? Having never been to Frankfurt before it's a bit hard to know.

Hoping someone can give us some insider tips... saw that there was a TT meet up there, so thinking it must be alright?!

Thanks!

Edit: just had a thought that I should probably give a few more details... we're both 30, no kids yet but will hopefully have some while we're in Frankfurt, Hubby's working near Hbf and can either go in on S-Bahn or he could get a parking space, I still need to find something. We want somewhere we can get into Frankfurt quite easily, but have everything we need nearby - good supermarket (as good as they get in Germany anyway!), a couple of nice bars and restaurants would be good. And what we don't want is to be waving to the people flying past on their way to Frankfurt airport ;-)

Kriftel and Hofheim were both at the top of my list when house hunting, although we ended up in another town nearby. I think the proximity to the SBahn is great, and they are also both nice little towns with the necessities.

Thanks Dawn. I heard yesterday that they're places which will be on the flightpath once the new runway is built... do you know if that's true? Tried to google it but there's so much old info about I don't know what's right!