Recommended shops for buying quality DIY tools

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know good tool shops, and power tools specifically, in Munich where it's possible to get knowledgeable advice from the staff? The baumarkts have a decent enough range of Bosch tools but none of the better makes like DeWalt and the advice from the spotty teenagers there doesn't seem up to much. Specifically I'm looking for a router now but it's a general question. I know I can get cheap tools in the baumarkts but I would like to see how much the really good stuff costs for a comparison.

Thanks in advance.

Try Kaplonski Eisenwaren on Schwanthalerstrasse, Nr 42 I think - they have a massive selection of pretty much everything tool/DIY/handiwork related and seem to really know their stuff (although I'm pretty retarded when it comes to tools).

sorry I cannot recommend a shop, but I can recommend SNAP-ON, all of the mechanics I know use this brand.

btw these are not power tools

Does anyone know good tool shops, and power tools specifically,

sorry I cannot recommend a shop, but I can recommend SNAP-ON, all of the mechanics I know use this brand.

btw these are not power tools

Ermmm, :blink:

Würth in Ismaning is an excellent trade store with an outlet in Ismaning (north eastern edge of Munich), but to be honest, you'll get FAR better prices on high end equipment though internet stores such as SVH24 or Elektroshop Wagner (who have very good prices on professional tools, even though their front page looks more like white goods)

To reawaken this old thread I've been looking for an electric screwdriver recently and have discovered massive price differences between prices in the UK and Germany. For example the screwdriver I'm looking at, the DeWalt DC600, is £39 in the UK or around 0€ here for exactly the same thing. Even with £19 delivery it's still much cheaper in the UK.

I have found the same difference when buying electronic things on Amazon.co.uk vs Amazon.de (internet radio was much cheaper in the UK)