Post a photo of your Christmas tree

155 posts in this topic

That is in Mariposa´s folk´s home in Munich. Every year we get to see how much they read their books... See any changes? ;)

What happened to the small bookcase next to the one? It has been emptied? :o

post-3587-12620913222453_thumb.jpg

post-3587-12620913356438.jpg

Haha, actually this year there should be changes because the entire shelf was emptied and refilled at some point when my parents put in hardwood floors. :P

The small bookcase you're referring to is a CD shelf. My parents got new furniture for the rest of the living room this year, among them a chest of drawers that has lots of space for CDs so most went in there (it's on the left of the kitchen door which you can sort of see in this year's picture).

Here is our Christmas Tree (all the decorations are wooden ornaments collected over 34 years of marriage. They were all purchased from Rothenburg o.d. Tauber)post-106142-12925291319146.jpg

Due to the girth of the tree at the base I had to rearrange my living room to fit it in this year. Very few ornaments due to an abundance of cats (four), no tinsel for the same reason but Chester quite enjoyed the starry barbed-wire I used instead.

post-4788-12931457999524.jpg

Matter of fact, I had to chop off a few branches at the bottom of the trunk, not to mention sawing off bits on the side as well. Yes, I have a circumsized Christmas tree, reminding us all that Jesus was Jewish.

I took the two biggest branches and festooned them with all the little ornaments that we generally use to decorate our presents, tied them together with gold-colored ribbon and put it up on my front door instead of a wreath.

post-4788-1293146081587.jpg

Ours has been up since mid-November :blink:

tradition - at least in our family ;)

but since we're having guest over since yesterday we decorated early...