Tax advisors and accountant recommendations

158 posts in this topic

I used lohi this year. They are an eV (society) rather than a company and are very cheap and extremely helpful. I don't know if they can deal with you in English though.

Noddy's suggestion is good, although I'm not sure if they are a help if you are a freelancer or self-employed. Worth asking though.

You could try Mr Steichhahn, tel.: 089 726 0960. He speaks English and charges much less than €300. Seems OK too.

Has anyone ever done their taxes using one of those computer programs? Is it hard? Is it possible to do it yourself if you are completely incompetent in German? :unsure:

Using the computer programs makes it slightly harder than without the computer programs. Unless your situation is so complicated that you cant copy about 5 numbers from one piece of paper to another. Even if you arent sure about a couple of things just take it into the Finanzamt and they will help you.

Check out Wittig & Fahn in Unterhaching. If your situation is simple they may be over the top (and expensive) but for anything tricky (sneaky!) and international then they're one of the best... They are not only tax accountants, consultants and bookkeepers but also tax lawyers.

Ask for Götz Wittig and tell 'em YorkshireLad sent you - he'll understand... first evaluation hour free if you use these magic words...

YL6

I heard my friend had very good experince with:

Kanzlei Dr. Udo Eckhard (speaks good english and down to earth person)

Sophienstrasse2 ,

D-80333 Munich,

Tel: 5426400

Try this site: www.hilo.de

They are all over the place and charge based on how much you make per yr.

(100-300Eur). This price is good for the entire year and covers just about anything.

For this price they got me nearly 3k eur last year...

Many of the people speak English & other EU lang. you may just have to phone around to see which one speaks your Lang. and is the closest...

The Main Office Details Are:

Lohnsteuerhilfeverein HILO

Hilfe in Lohnsteuerfragen e.V.

Hauptverwaltung

Widenmayerstraße 48

80538 München

Tel.: 089/21 213-737

Fax: 089/21 213-723

Email: info@hilo.de

Be aware that the costs are regulated, so you'll pay pretty much the same whoever you use.

Your price will depend on the complexity of your return, and whether you sort your invoices and bills or just send a stack of crumpled receipts.

Yes, that's true. I think the German regulated charge for 1-on-1 tax consultancy is €120,- per hour plus MwSt. That's what I paid when I used these guys: Mathes & Fischbacher (who speak English btw and seem OK). I don't know about the charges for the preparation of returns.

Mathes & Fischbacher

Georgenstrasse 39

80799 Munich

089 273 7166

There is a guy that I went to when I first moved here (and every year after that) he is located on the Frankfurter Ring. He is American but has lived here for more than 30 years and specializes in American tax but, I believe he can do the German taxes too. He is not that expensive and friendly and efficient.

His name is: William Robinson

Tel. 089 3519904

I went to this person. Maybe you could try with him as well. Good things about him, is he speaks english and charges less.

Roland Spielhofen, Tel.: 089-22807606

You could contact him too.

All the best.

If you can speak some German, try the Lohnsteuerhilfeverein at Marienplatz. They're cheap, but I'm not sure how effective they'll be if you have a complicated tax situation.

I have a good tip for someone in Unterhaching. Speaks good English, deals with expats a lot, and charged me about €200. He got me €1,500 back (ask him the charge first).

The place at Marienplatz got me €900, but cost me €80.

So try the Unterhaching fella, details:

Anwalts und Steuerkanzlei

Klaus J. Heinrich

Siebenbürgener Str. 1

82024 Taufkirchen

Telefon: 089 / 612 0 32 81