Tip of the day

1,760 posts in this topic

If, like me, you joined a gym back in January and very little has changed, go there in person to find out why.

When on holiday I'm always scared that my mates will draw a penis on my face while I'm asleep.

So I always sleep with my head in a plastic bag.

Don't line your cat's litter tray with pages from the Daily Mail. I did, now my cat is an obnoxious, homophobic racist.

Recreate the experience of a B and B breakfast by simply cutting your toast into triangles and letting it go cold.

3 hours ago, hooperski said:

Recreate the experience of a B and B breakfast by simply cutting your toast into triangles and letting it go cold.

Recreate the experience of a 1980's seaside B and B by making your bed with nylon sheets.

Oh, those hangnails...

With Christmas fast approaching, give your dog's poo that festive feeling by simply putting glitter in it's food.

If you are at a cocktail, don't bother to put out the olive branch to that monosyllabic old friend of your daughters sandwiched between both parents when they are all looking into space and distinguish themselves by total social incompetence. Tip: if someone tries to draw you into conversation, the least you can do is actually turn round to face them and smile instead of glancing over your shoulder and not moving. Maybe you had some bad news...?

Sort of feeling sorry for myself- bloody right eye back in trouble- but I have decided to be positive.

I will talk to my eye before going to sleep later and tell him or her or gender neutral : Baby, I have neglected you - I am sorry and I will take better care of you if you wish. Deal? “

I am sure that will help restore some harmony between body and spirit!

What is to lose?

Nothing!

What is to win? Insight! There is a reason that word exists.

🙏🏻

I have a friend who, when I had a bad eczema flare, encouraged me to name it.  I didn't really get clear on why he recommended that, but I named it "Raoul" and strangely enough, after it was named I started having conversations (one sided, naturally) with Raoul, similar to what you describe.  "Raoul, what's bugging you?  Something has clearly gotten under your skin and you're obviously upset.  What is it?  What can I do to help?"

unfortunately Raoul was very tight lipped, never gave me any clues, and to this day I have no earthly idea what the problem was, but it certainly gave me a better sense of humor about it at the very least.  Though just as inexplicably, I don't get eczema flares like I did - now I will have a little blip here or there, but I can easily keep it under control without steroids or other nasty medicines.  I am kind of loathe to say it as it makes no logical sense, but I must admit that I think talking to Raoul helped in some way.  

go for it, John!

Prince Andrew.

Don't let your father sort out  your travel arrangements in Paris.

Fed up with people always arguing with your loopy conspiracy beliefs, then simply start your very own thread where you can shout into an empty room.

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I read about it in today's newspaper: free taxi vouchers for women travelling at night in Munich, 3 vouchers of €5 each per person, but you can get more if you go more often, valid from March 2020. 

In German: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br.de/nachrichten/amp/bayern/ab-2020-taxi-gutscheine-fuer-frauen-in-muenchen,Riqqe5f

Maybe a good idea, but surely a sexist one, oder?!

some men are vulnerable, as are people of certain creed or colour...

On 11/18/2019, 10:49:13, hooperski said:

Fed up with people always arguing with your loopy conspiracy beliefs, then simply start your very own thread where you can shout into an empty room.

gosh I wish more people would do that :)

24 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Maybe a good idea, but surely a sexist one, oder?!

some men are vulnerable, as are people of certain creed or colour...

Evening, dear Rob!

Yes, men also get mugged.  I was .at knife point in London on my way to work. One evening and I got to work and spoke about it. The company policy then..well, there wasn´t really one but when I mentioned  it, they introduced a new...not rule.but help. You could hand in taxi bills.

No one should be mugged.  Ever. Men, women, creed  or colour. Nobody.

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

Maybe a good idea, but surely a sexist one, oder?! Some men are vulnerable, as are people of certain creed or colour...

Munich is a safe big city in general, but it happens that creepy men follow women in the U-Bahn or bus stop to their homes. I think that's why this trial initiative was started and where they looked at the most vulnerable group first.

Unless you have the social confidence to send stuff back to the kitchen if you are unconvinced about the freshness of their produce, do not take the oysters, even at your local Michelin-starred restaurant. Especially if it is located 1000 km from the sea.

Edit: Duh.

Had to get that in before anyone else did.