Instructions for sorting of rubbish / garbage in Munich

59 posts in this topic

We all know what the colours represent...

So, Potato peelings and general veg product = Bio bin?

Cooked potato with gravy etc... is that Bio or Restmühl ?

So plastic and aluminium in one bin (does that include tins?).

Paper and cardboard in the second.

And compost / food waste in the third.

As for asking my landlady, she really doesn't speak a lot of English. As I speak no German the finer points of rubbish disposal would possibly be lost in translation :(

Out here, Wessling, we have a black bin for everything that cant be recycled. A brown bin for compost- only vegetable matter no other food remains. Then we are given free yellow sacks for recyclable things like plastic and cans. We also are given paper sacks for scrap paper. On paper collection day we put out the paper sacks and piles of newspaper and cardboard. Glass, old shoes and clothes go into the containers in the village. All very effecient really.

@Grinner etc.:

Cooked spuds and gravy (and bones, meat/fish leftovers, bodies of murdered Müllgestapo Kommandanten) go into the Restmüll. (Don't forget to put the clothes and shoes from the murdered Müllgestapo Kommandanten into the old-clothes bins, so that the pikeys have something to do in their spare time, hoiking the clothes out and spreading them over the immediate vicinity.) A-Z list in German at A-Z list of waste disposal and bin-by-bin overview at Trennliste.

Can someone explain why:

- "Dressed salads" is Restmüll, not Bio-tonne? Are naked salads Bio? Is salad dressing also Bio?

- Paper napkins, household paper and crumpled newspaper is Bio-tonne, not Papier-tonne? What is "household" paper?

- Fish are Restmüll not Bio-tonne?

What if your apartment does not have a Bio-tonne bin?

What if your apartment does not have a Bio-tonne bin?

Then do what I do. Put your bottles into the bottle-bank and fuck the rest into a big black sack. Friend of mine has three bins under his kitchen counter for splitting out his rubbish. Fuck that.

Ok...

To Wake this Monster again...

A friend of mine received a hefty fine this week for "wrongful" sorting of the rubbish...

They had not removed the paper from the "restmuhl" and sadly some twat peice together the shreaded envelope and took pictures of this!

The pictures were sent to the HV and the Letter and Fine arrived.

Now here is the score...

They are being fined because the stuff wasnt filtered properly..

Tetra pak and Soup cans had not been seperated and one or two other pieces of paper were not filtered!

The Bin-room has

1 Bin for Bio

1 Bin for Papier "Keine Carton" plastered all over it...

1 Bin for "Restmühl"

We feel that this is simply victimisation as my friend rejected the unwanted attention of the HausMeister.

My main Question is "how do you sort and filter the rubbish correctly when there are only the 3 bins available?

Here is what is written in the Housing Contract.

Kehricht, Küchenabfälle, Hausunrat usw. dürfen nur in die dazu bestimmten

Müllbehälter gelleert werden. Sofern Mülltrennung eingeführt wurde, sind die

entsprechenden Bestimmungen genau einzuhalten.

Sperrige Gegenstände , Abfall und Verpackungsmaterial und dergleichen sind

zu zerkleinern.

Es ist untersagt, Abfall und sonstige Gegenstände neben den Mülltonnen oder

im Freien abzustellen.. Abfalleimer dürfen nicht im Treppenhaus oder

außerhalb der Wohnung abgestellt werden.

Die Müllboxen sind stets sauber zu halten. Sie Sind kein Aufenthalts- und

Spielraum für Kinder.

Thanks

SP

Do you have yellow bags? Here in SZ, you are supposed to put all your tetrapak, cans and other packing materials in yellow bags. They get picked up every 2 weeks. Of course nobody tells you this :)

Whatever is written in the housing contract it is worth getting the information directly from the refuse service about what goes in which bin, as they are the ones who will be looking for sorting errors.

The yellow recycling bin or bags is usually the one that you don't pay for so there's really no reason for not having one.

And moving to Munich if you really want to be technical about it. I was just trying to be helpful as I was looking for the information myself. 

OK, but people need to realise that it is what you can put in various bins varies.   For example, in Munich you can't put food leftovers or prepared salad in Biomuell, but you can , for example, in Aachen.  And numerous other examples.  Like they don't have Gelbe Sacke.   I will change the title to stop any confusion.

Talking about rubbish, last Saturday was the first time, in our seven years here, that our collectors picked up on that day.  We were away last weekend and I forgot to put the restmüll out on the Thursday before we left.  Our bin is full and the next pick up is not till June.  We phoned the company and told them our problem.  The solution is to go to the council and buy a 5 euro bag, which can be left out with the ordinary bin, the next time they pick up.  In future, I shall try very hard not to forget a pick up.