Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spanish-language book shops in Munich

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a place selling either used or new Spanish-language books in Munich, or anywhere in Germany for that matter?

I just realized what I posted initially may not be completely clear- I am not looking for language teaching materials, just ordinary books in Spanish.

Hugendubel (sp??) at Marienplatz has some, but not that many and pretty expensive.

Another option is to go to the library at Instituto Cervantes (close to Odeonsplatz). Membership costs 10€ p. year and you can take lots of books, movies, cds, etc

There is a website selling new books (most with a black line marking on the side, maybe small scratches, usually books that book stores have returned):

www.billigbuch.de

If you buy over 20€ worth of books, you have free shipping for Germany and the icing on the cake is that there is a voucher, which takes off 5€ on all purchases over 20€, so you end up paying 15€ and still have free shipping. Voucher is valid until 30th April 2008, voucher code: 619791

They don't charge in advance, but send you an invoice (Rechnung) stuck to the parcel with the books, with their bank account details, so you can transfer them their money.

I've tested them, 2 days later the parcel was on my door step, no fuss, no problem.

Shipping costs aren't that prohibitive even for orders below 20€:

0,01 – 9,99 Euro 1,85 Euro

10,00 – 14,99 Euro 1,50 Euro

15,00 – 19,99 Euro 1,00 Euro

They have foreign language books, all lumped together in the section:

http://www.billigbuch.de/default.aspx?TY=i...ST=3&CT=170

However, that's over 1500 books, in English, French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish and Russian. It's much easier to search by the publisher name (in German: Verlag) on the extended search page (click on "Erweiterte Suche" near top-left corner), and to search directly by publisher.

e.g.

Verlag: SUMA DE LETRAS

Publishers for the different languages:

Spanish:

SUMA DE LETRAS

ALIANZA EDITORIAL

EDICIONES DESTINO

PLAZA & JANES

PLANETA

BARCELONA

Tusquets

ALFAGUARA

QUINTETO

DEBOLSILLO

Celesa

Santillana

ANAGRAMA

French:

Ud-Union Distribution

Hachette

PRESSES POCKET

GALLIMARD

EDITIONS DU SEUIL

Seuil

NIL EDITIONS

PRESSES DE LA CITE

Pocket

J'ai Lu

LIBRAIRIE GENERALE FRANCAISE

ALBIN MICHEL

LAFFONT

Flammarion

Volumen

Sodis

Actes Sud

EDITIONS 10/18

Ed. 10/18

interforum

editis

LAFFONT

QUAI VOLTAIRE

Martinache

Livre de Poche

EDITIONS STOCK

Rocher

CALMANN-LEVY

Italian:

MONDADORI

RIZZOLI

EINAUDI

Bompiani

SELLERIO

Fastbook

Turkish:

Edition Orient

Russian:

ASTREL

AST

Let's not forget all those English-speaking folks :D

Most books (including nearly all the cheaper ones at 4 Euro or under) are in English: http://www.billigbuch.de/default.aspx?TY=i...ST=3&CT=170

I also just googled and found this book store: http://www.labotica.de/ ... Konradstraße 11, D-80604 München

I can confirm that this shop exists. I walk past it almost every day. I've never been in, but from the outside it looks kinda cool. Lots and lots of books stacked high in a cosy basement shop.