English-speaking lawyers in Nuremberg

10 posts in this topic

There's a list of English-speaking Services on the U.S. Embassy homepage. See "Munich (Bavaria) attorneys", there are 2 lawyers mentioned in Nürnberg: Dr. Günther Kreuzer, www.kreuzer.de and Wolfgang K. R. Distler, www.ra-distler.de

Both list labour law among their fields of work, and Kreuzer also "Ausländerrecht".

A "Kündigungsschutzklage" needs to be filed within 3 weeks after receiving the notice.

Hi all,

I am still having troubles with my previous landlady and she's continuously threatening to take me to court over an out-of-hand dispute, but I'm looking for a preferably english-speaking lawyer willing to do pro bono work (since I can't afford to pay) here in Nuremberg.

Thanks,

Maurik

Word on the street is that I can possibly get free legal advice from the Justizamt or something like that, does anybody have more information?

You would get legal advice from the municipal Rechtsamt (no, I don't know if they speak English). The Prozesskostenhilfe is approved depending on the chances of your success, the State pays your fees and you reimburse them on a monthly basis.

You won´t get any legal advice at all from the municipal Rechtsamt ...

... Der juristische Dienst des Rechtsamts - "Justitiariat" - ist ausschließlich für Dienststellen und Eigenbetriebe der Stadt Nürnberg tätig. Privatpersonen oder Unternehmen können keine Rechtsberatung über das städtische Rechtsamt in Anspruch nehmen ...

Rechtsdienstleistungsgesetz

... Umfassender Rechtsrat darf nur durch einen Rechtsanwalt oder diesem gleichgestellte Personen erteilt werden. Fälle echter Rechtsanwendung sind allein dem Rechtsanwalt vorbehalten ...

Thanks for your advice gentlemen(persons), I navigated the choppy waters thanks mostly to German labor laws which gave me some grounds to negotiating with (does not exist in US), the help and advice of my Betriebesrat - works council (does not exist in the US), a friendly person in german immegration office (no comment...), some luck that german law allows perm resident to high tech workers after 3 yrs rather than 5 (in US its 10+yrs, sometimes never like with my sister-in-law),

I need a family lawyer who speaks English. Any recommendations? I could just look online or in the phone book etc, but I'd be more comfortable if someone had a good personal experience, and therefore a recommendation based on interaction. A lawyer in Nuremberg would be ideal, but I'd be happy also working by phone and email if they are in another city and are comfortable working electronically.