Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hotels suitable for parents visiting in Frankfurt

5 posts in this topic

Hi

My parents are coming to visit in December to check out the world famous christmas market et al.

I need to find a hotel for them in Frankfurt, obviously there are loads to choose from so I was wondering if any TTers have any suggestions?

The more traditional the better, and it would be good if there was a good traditional restaurant nearby. Location doesnt matter too much, somewhere "central" I guess.

Any ideas?

Also, can anyone recommend a dancing venue? They love dancing, and it would be cool to take them somewhere which wasnt seedy or full of teenagers, where they could dance the night away after tanking up on Glühwein. Something salsa-esque.

Cheers

I get friends and family to book into the miramar when they visit.

It is right next to where the markets are and is very good value with breakfast included.

Its 4* and you should get a good deal if you search on travelsupermarket.com rather than book direct with hotel - its nothing flash or traditional mind!

When I come up and stay over, I book the Savoy near the train station. I only stay at weekends, and its around 50 Euro per room which includes massive breakfast, the minibar and 4* facilities, swimming pool, sauna etc. You get the best rates booking direct on their website, Savoy. You can take the No12 tram 1 street away, which takes you straight into Romerplatz in 3 stops so is very handy for the markets.

As to Dancing places, I'm not an expert on Frankfurt venues, I hear Cocoon is very good.