Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Balls, dinners, and posh events in Frankfurt

39 posts in this topic

sure. I'm working nr the Rossmarkt so somewhere innenstat would be cool. Maybe lunch or after work is best. Next week maybe?

ok cool, I also work near there. Next week sounds good. I can do Tuesday or Wednesday...How's that for you? and Purple Muffin?

There's the AIDS ball at the Kurhaus in Wiesbaden on December 8th. I don't know if you Wiesbadener have seen the poster to advertise this. The tux with the nipple piercing is interesting for the conservative town of the capitol of Hessen.

Oooo it sounds so exciting.

How formal? If we do the whole tux and gown, that may put alot of folks off. Cocktail dresses and suits?

I will be completely honest, I know nothing about Frankfurt. (Except for the shopping and MYSushi..lol) ((And if anyone wants to meet @MYSushi sometime let me know!!))

Maybe a hotel with a ballroom/conference room. Or a restaurant with a dance floor?

I will say that I am very good at decoration and can help in that department!

The AIDS charity event is in the Kurhaus on 8th Dec tickets are €22 -€44 from the tourist office in Markt Platz. We have a few friends going but unfortunately we cant make it as we have friends visiting from Glasgow from Wed till Sunday and have our weekend planned or we would have went too, hope you enjoy if you get dressed up and go, this is the poster thats causing a stir to some people in our city..

post-13898-1196892738.jpg

looks like this thread has gone down the toilet. seems like there is not much craic in frankfurt ! i did try and spark it !

seems like not many expats in frankfurt !

Ooops. I had forgotten about this thread!

Ok, so lets say that those of us who want to have a posh evening get all primped in our finery and go hit a local bar/pub/dance hall!

Do we really need to organize a huge event for the whole 10 people to show up? :lol:

If folks can go barhopping in santa suits why cant we in suits and cocktail dresses?

(I live about 45 min from Frankfurt, but I will make the drive for it!)

I guess it just doesn't feel the same when dressed up to the nines in a bar where everyone else is wearing sweatshirts and jeans. But why not. I'm up for it.

The "Opera" sounds good.. ;)

I am usually up for anything that involves being a social butterfly and an excuse to wear my Jimmy Choos! :lol:

Are there any posh martini bars in Frankfurt where the clientele do not wear dollar store couture?

totally agree.

Ok, so let's get a date in the diary for January perhaps?!

Burns' Night*? Coincidentally, this falls on a Friday in 2008 - so we could kill two vogels with one stone - the need for a splash, and Action's proposed Friday Night Beverage Club.

Thoughts? Can't wait to see what the locals would make of my kilt . . . .

Kuzzer

*it's the 25th Jan, but of course - you all knew that already

Burns night. good idea. My kilt has not been out to play since I've been here, only ever taken back to the island for weddings and Hogmanay.

looks like this thread has gone down the toilet. seems like there is not much craic in frankfurt ! i did try and spark it !

seems like not many expats in frankfurt !

That is not true! I think it is just people are busy over Christmas. People will not respond to an event not fixed yet but am certain as soon as we have a date, price and venue there'll be plenty of feedback.

I have spoken to some other people who would be interested in helping to organise so we should still go ahead - organising commitee are you still interested? As I said above though as much as I love organising this kind of thing I just really do not have the time especially now the ski season is here.

yes of course I am interested, I also do not mind helping out in the organsiation where I can. I am called "action" for a reason !

Burns night? Sounds familiar...the poet?...Robert? *waits for the thwap to the head from angry scots* Sorry I am not completely familar with ALL the holidays! :lol:

However, any excuse for a celebration is fine with me!

Let me know what I can do to help.