Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nice restaurants in Wiesbaden

9 posts in this topic

OK so I have some people visiting me in work from the UK. They are from a different department and more senior than me! I took them to Coyote Cafe last night and they were not that impressed! I enjoyed the evening but I like the place!

I do not know wiesbaden that well for restaurants so can somebody recommend a more upmarket restaurant in Wiesbaden that I can take them to?

Thanks

Andy

...oh no, I guess it's too late but don't go to Lumen, the service is the worst in Wiesbaden. Try Comeback in Goldgasse next time...!

Tim

Kaefers is really nice at the Kurhaus, but if you like ethnic food I highly recommend Chook Dee, it's an upscale Thai restaurant that has beautiful decor and excellent Thai cuisine. But if you go there, you will definitely need reservations.

Ive been to Lumen a couple of times and the service was prompt and friendly, maybe they were understaffed when you where there. I agree with Fathert, Restaurant Comeback is nice and there home made pasta is brilliant, although since it changed hands a few months back, I dont find the service as good, in saying that the foods still as nice.

Hey scotster61, maybe you're thinking of somewhere else but Comeback still has the same owner as it's had for the last 12 years, I saw him just yesterday! However the place next door (one of Wiesbaden's many fake tapas bars) has changed management I think. It's true though, even the service at Comeback can be off at times but mostly it's very good.

As for Lumen, maybe *that's* changed hands if you've been getting good service lately ;-)

Tim.

I think the food is pretty bad in there, tasteless, and bland. Cocktails are great, as are their cakes, and it is a great venue, but I wouldn't eat there again.