Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Body warmers for only part of your body

20 posts in this topic

Ok just seen these in Lidl, would someone please tell me what is the point, why not just wear thermal underwear, I mean do peoples elbows & shoulders really get any colder than the rest of them :blink:

post-1037-1194268500.jpgpost-1037-1194268509.jpg

You missed the most interesting one (the kidney warmer):post-24135-1194645868.jpg

I've been trying to figure out the German obsession with kidneys/bladders for a long time. My German in-laws always insisted that my daughters should wear socks at ALL times so they didn't get bladder infections. "Cold feet" are always sited as stress points for kidney or bladder damage. It seems to be taken for granted here because no one can explain it to me, yet Canada is a lot colder than Germany and our kidneys and bladders are fine, thanks very much.

Saw the same ad this week and wondered the same thing - why on earth would you need these? The only answer I could come up with was for the elbow warmers - if you had holes in the arms of your favourite shirt but had zero sewing skills so couldn't put on an elbow patch, with this nifty little fleecy warmer, you could still keep on wearing your favourite shirt right through the winter!

The connection between cold feet and bladder/kidney problems - you've got me there!

It's for people who suffer from rheumatism, at least that's what the thought was in the first place, they need to keep the "sore spots" extra warm...

OMG- I love my kidney warmer in the winter time! (Actually wearing it right now, though didn't know what a great name it had!) Got mine at Tschibo. This great idea prevents that rush of cold area running down your butt or up your back when you bend over & that little part of your lower back gets exposed. Love it! Don't dish it until you tried it.

It's also good for minor athletic injuries. Pulled muscles and stressed joints feel slightly less bad if you keep them warm.

Malcolm... Thanks - I nearly splewed my coffee all over my computer screen when I saw that picture. I needed that!

Yeah - you also see knob-jockeys on motorbikes over here wearing a T-shirt with no gloves, no jacket, trainers - but a kidney belt. Dickheads. German bikers are obsessed with wearing a kidney belt but I am buggered if anyone has explained the true purpose to me.

You can get a full body version aswell.

post-10-1194699606.jpg

With reflective strips for night-time safety.

I can imagine something like this will replace clothe in the future- especially as we use up all the world´s resources...

I've been trying to figure out the German obsession with kidneys/bladders for a long time. My German in-laws always insisted that my daughters should wear socks at ALL times so they didn't get bladder infections. "Cold feet" are always sited as stress points for kidney or bladder damage. It seems to be taken for granted here because no one can explain it to me, yet Canada is a lot colder than Germany and our kidneys and bladders are fine, thanks very much.

I'm from Alberta, and growing up I think one of the biggest crimes you could commit in my house was not wearing socks.

You can get a full body version aswell.

With reflective strips for night-time safety.

Hilarious !!!

great that I joined this forum... have been laughing the entire week with the excellent humour flowing around the multiple threads...

Do gloves count as body warmers for only part of the body? If so, can anybody tell me which gloves to buy to keep my hands warm in winter? None of the pairs I have really keep me warm. Skiing gloves are impractical, way too thick for everyday use. I am sick of always freezing in winter. Thanks.

Do gloves count as body warmers for only part of the body? If so, can anybody tell me which gloves to buy to keep my hands warm in winter? None of the pairs I have really keep me warm. Skiing gloves are impractical, way too thick for everyday use. I am sick of always freezing in winter. Thanks.

Rabbit fur-lined leather gloves. Get really good ones (spend around 100) and take care of them, and they'll last you many years and always keep you warm without sweating or being too bulky. There are two kinds: the ones with seams on the outside (more for men) and the ones with inside seams (with a slimmer profile).

Remembered another thing I used to do (my hands are always freezing): silk glove liners. You can usually get them in ski shops. They fit like a second skin, are washable, and do make a very big difference inside your regular gloves or mittens. If you wear mittens. I don't know whether you're into mittens, but they are pretty hot.