Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Things to do in Frankfurt on a Sunday

7 posts in this topic

*newbie*

Hey

My parents are coming over to visit this weekend and the only full day they will spend here is unfortunately a Sunday. I'm aware that all the shops will be shut, but are there any suggestions on what I can do with them that is likely to be available on a Sunday? We will probably be in Frankfurt at some stage so if there's anything worth seeing or that would pass a wee hour or two happily, then I welcome your suggestions.

Thanks for your help

likely to be available on a Sunday?

As you must have found out by now: There's nothing. As in NO SHOPS. Yeah, whatever, the buildings, parks, museums, theaters, and all the pseudo-cultural crap they come up with to make up for SHOPPING AT A REAL COOL MALL will still be there, but who cares?

Hope you got through the day somehow. It must have been a challenge.

If they had been there last weekend, the shops were actually open yesterday.

You didn't really give any indication as to whether you were looking for something more on the active side ('look, a mountain: let's climb it') or the passive side ('ooh, beer!'). Either way, I suspect there is nothing worth making a special trip into Frankfurt for. That would be on any day of the week, let alone on a Sunday, but I'm biased and prejudiced and yada-yada-yada.

The Ebbelwei Expreß will be running.

post-12466-1194252746.jpg

Not sure what your parents like (zoo, museum, restaurants, strolling in the park...), anyway you might find some ideas here

If weather is nice you could try a 1hr mini cruise on the main, departure by the Eiserner Steg.

Or the Palmengarten.