Customer experiences with Postbank

49 posts in this topic

@tom_a: Oh plwease! You are German, you should be able to fully understand this "Der Premium–Zins ist variabel und beträgt zur Zeit 3,25% p.a." Please read the fine print on the site starring right at you!! So what?! When I signed up, it was offered as 4.5% to me and now you get only 3.25% (oops, sorry, 3,25%). So what?! Call up Citibank to complain, won't ya? :lol: In fact, you can then check with them and prove yourself wrong, won't ya? ;) *Don't even know why I bother*

Actually, I've been getting the "Premium-Zins" for quite a while now, and it's been 3.25 % all along (or rather, they increased it from 2.75 % a while ago). Could it be that they credit different Premium-Zinsen to different customers? That wouldn't be very nice of them, would it? :blink:

Welcome to Germany.

Postbank takes a while to process things ... and just for your info, the card and pin are NEVER sent together. They are always separated by about a week. Perhaps you should be a bit more careful about providing the correct address (or properly displaying your name where you live) and stuff-ups like that won't happen.

Calling for a boycott of postbank services is a bit steep, if you ask me. Oh and just a reminder - you are in Germany. People speak GERMAN here. Don't expect any other bank to offer more English services than Postbank.

Wow, that was patronising. I provided a correct address (my card was delivered), and I did already acknowledge responsibility for not labeling my letterbox clearly. I am also quite aware that German is spoken here and only asked for the assistance of an English speaking staff member after the cascading problems. For every meeting and most phone conversations I made sure a translator (my patient colleague) was present. The problems did not arise from the language gap.

I made the suggestion to avoid Postbank because of the multitude of problems I experienced with them and their sluggish and incompetent handling of an admittedly atypical situation. I'll repeat that suggestion to anyone, especially those new to Germany who need their interaction with a bank to remain simple. I am sure most of them time they get it right, but the quality of service a company provides is most revealed by the exceptional situations like mine.

post bank...um where do i start!

well it has been relatively ok i must say, yes it took ages for them to get my card, pin, address change and stuff to sort but i wasn't in a great hurry and so everything was ok. i regularly use postbank in fact for the last 2 years or so now, it works as long as you have simple transaction like transffer money from anothe german bank to postbank - tick

take out money at the atm - tick, use the ec card at shops -tick, deposit cash cheque at the post office - tick and that is pretty much all that you will get for a zerobalance no minimum charge postbank a/c.

my problem is that i transffer cash from this giro account to citibank NRI (non residencial indian) account, and the postbank website would not let me do it for some weird reason so i have to call in everytime and spend 15mins @of 9cents per min.

since the day i opened the account i have made 5 transfers and only one has gone thru with out a hick up, the last one i made went wrong, so badly that i am still waiting fo my 200 euros that has been lost for more then 5weeks.

i thought doing it over the phone was safe as they ahev all details and they can track it easily but no no ...that is not how things work in germany. i am closing my post bank account and opening a ingdiba- hope that works better

the germans don't make anything easy do they - i really wonder how they have the reputation to be the most organised, i really dont see it at any office, place or organisation i have had to deal with in germany neither have any of my friends. for god's sake kenya works better then germany.

conclusion -postbank only for very basic use.

regards

I recently opened a Postbank account. This week I paid E50 into the account. This was my first deposit. I was amazed to see it register online the same day. I thought "Hell, thats efficient". I had to pay a bill quickly,so I just uberweisunged on the same day, happy that I was with such an efficient and quick bank. It went through fine. Now the sh*ts are saying that I went overdrawn to the tune of E50 since funds were not cleared. So I can go overdrawn even though money was in the account? No warning lights or sirens saying "hey sorry dude you cannot access that money yet even though it's in your account. F*cking tw*ts

For week one with Postbank I am not at all impressed

Postbank are rude and incompetent - not a pleasant mix.

one year later no credit card,

replacement debit card lost in the post so 1 month without an debit card,

without a debit card one can no longer take money out at the postbank counter,

The staff at the branch were rude and unhelpful ,

The telephone staff are extremely rude and can only chant "schriftlich" and simply hung-up on me,

I was happy to close the account, and not surprised that the automatic forwarding of future funds to new account didn't work as promised.

Very disappointing overall. Sometimes you get exactly what you pay for.

My only experience with Postbank was when my wife and I signed up for accounts on the premises, waited a couple of weeks, received nothing, so paid them a visit and watched them find our unprocessed forms on a desk. I took that as a sign.

without a debit card one can no longer take money out at the postbank counter,

Sure that's possible. Bring legal ID and a recent bank statement of the account. You can also print out that bank statement online, no need to use your card for that.

one year later no credit card,

Not received one, or are you referring to the fact that the account conditions and ads clearly say that a Visa costs 22 Euro after the first year?

My experiences with Postbank have been mostly OK. The degree of service orientation is highly variable, but if you persist you can eventually get through to someone.

There seems to be a split between what happens face-to-face at a branch office and what you can get done by telephone. Also, if you call early enough in the day, you can get a call back from an English-speaking representative who is usually very helpful. The ones who don't want to try English are highly variable in attitude.

I'm kinda puzzled atm. So tomorrow will be 3 weeks since i opened an account with PostBank,yet no signs of the card :angry:

Is this standard in Germany or should i go there again & inquire about it?

Post Bank is a bunch of fuckfaces tbh. Opened my account on Dec 19 2011 me thinks,waited for almost 3 weeks thinking it's gonna come well it didn't.Second time got only the card with no PIN :angry: ,so i went to PB third time(after waiting like 10 days for my PIN) muppet behind the desk told me to wait some more(he said it's coming) :blink: .4th time woman behing the desk ordered the PIN again,well guess what?10 days no PIN. :angry: .

Next time i'm goin there just to close my account,can't stand them anymore.

Post Bank is a bunch of fuckfaces tbh. Opened my account on Dec 19 2011 me thinks,waited for almost 3 weeks thinking it's gonna come well it didn't.Second time got only the card with no PIN ,so i went to PB third time(after waiting like 10 days for my PIN) muppet behind the desk told me to wait some more(he said it's coming) .4th time woman behing the desk ordered the PIN again,well guess what?10 days no PIN. .

Next time i'm goin there just to close my account,can't stand them anymore.

S.G., you opened your account on Dec 19th, so no surprises there that your account took time to process... I'm thinking Christmas, I'm thinking holidays... get the drift? Secondly, you wouldn't want the PIN to be sent alongside your debit/credit card (mentioned previously in the thread). Standard security procedure. Any bank sending me a card alongside a PIN would cause me to close my account with them immediately.

Moral to the story? Don't do anything admin-related around Christmas and new year that can wait for a better time! I'm making a note of this myself!

I once banked with Postbank.

It was a joke. It's like a Toytown bank. They should stick to selling stamps.

But it's a mistake to try and bank with a post office in the first place. You wouldn't open a bank account with Aldi now would you?

As the saying goes: "Schuster bleib bei deiner Leiste". Cobbler, stick to what you know (very little in their case).

I opened a PB account a few months ago. I got my cards quite quickly so that was OK.

Made my first mistake when I paid cash into my account at the branch and assumed it would be on the my Visa card immediately (ie that day), tried to book a flight, and got declined. I rang an advisor from PB and he was extremely rude. The thing is, I had assumed that the Visa card was linked to the account in such a way that I did not have to make actual transfers from account to account. The guy told me that such a thing does not exist anywhere in the world, and would not believe me that I used ot have a Visa card that worked as a normal banking card in the UK - Visa debit. OK, I was wrong, but the WAY he dismissed me was truly horrible (yelling)! Anyway, he did the transaction for me and told me it would take 3 days -- THREE DAYS! -- for the money to be on my Visa card.

This week I tried putting money on my Visa again, this time online. I could not find any option to do so on the website, so I finally called them and did it via telephone banking. The money was on my Visa card the next day; yet still, online, my visa account still showed E0. It took another day for the E1000 I had paid in to show, and by that time I had already paid for a flight for some of it, so it was not up to date.

I needed to put some more money on the Visa, and I did so trying to use the numbers the lady the previous day had given me: apparetnly it's a normal bank transfer, and then she asked for my Visa number.

Still, it did not work. There is an option to make bank to bank transfers, but not for the Visa card. Again, I had to use telephone banking, which simply would not be convenient if I am not in Germany. The people who made these last two transfers were, by the way, quite polite and helpful, unlike the first guy.

Long story short, I am switching banks, probably to DKB. I don't really need a branch as I do everything online. Postbank is very cumbersome.

I used to be with Postbank, it wasn't terrible for me but not that great (no credit card, i had to pay like 10 euros if i didnt deposit my salary every month). I switched to DKB and couldn't be happier. The credit card/ ec card thingy is a bit tricky at the beginning, but besides that everything else went smooth. Oh, and in case you didn't know I can withdraw money anywhere in the world for free.

I had to go to two different postbanks in the past week. The lines were extremely long on both occasions, but that doesn't really bother me. Both of the cashiers were extremely nice and friendly. These are people who have to deal with idiots like me all day, yet they are still nice and helpful, at least the two people I had to deal with were.

I did think it was a bit rude of one of the other post chicks, assumedly the supervisor, to yell at another post chick about some regulation in front of the customers, though. She should've at least pulled her to the side, rather than yelling across the whole office.

Unless you carry your passport EVERYSINGLE time you want to do anything at postbank, dont go there! useless incompetitent and just damn rude!

I guess Postbank has bad service, but it is not no.1 in Germany, when it comes to bad service. It's Targo Bank who will steal the show when it comes to worst service. It is equally popular among customers and especially with lawyers. It has been re-named into Targobank from Citibank.

Once I had an account with Citibank for 5-6 years, after that automatically got promoted to good customers list, got better credit and suddenly one fine day, they closed my account without notice. I was at supermarket trying to pay the bill with EC card and it wouldn't work, went to the bank, no information at counter, asked me to call a call center.... The woman responded "It's our right to close your account, no reasons needed to explain".

Bloody buggers, I didn't keep calm. I called up a lawyer, just told a single statement, "I have a problem with bank", lawyer responded "Citibank? I know that bastards", give me details! I was schocked! He suggested that It will be expensive for me to pay his fee, so I would better go to Ombudsmann.

I reported to Ombudsmann, they wrote on my behalf, got a reply for me. Citibank wrote "somewhere in some different town, somebody failed to pay a credit and he had a a-b-c transaction relation to me (indirectly) and hence my account was closed and officially I haven't done anything wrong".

I got furious, warned them to sue...made a hell for them!

Finally got an official apology, asking me to open my account back, with 300€ Gutschein...i kicked their ass, telling that I would never return to them!

Lesson learnt: Never be nice to them....it doesn't work in Germany. Kick their ass...it might work, although not gauranteed!