TT pubs of preference in Hannover

6 posts in this topic

Is there a TT pub of preference in Hannover?

Well, our local is Was nun? (mine and the wife´s that is), Kaisers is also good, to name two in the Nordstadt, there are others. The Limmerstr. area in Linden is also worth checking out.

Any Irish pub -- Dublin Inn (near Marktkirche), MacGowan's (near Steintor), Celtic Tiger (Berliner Allee), Irish Harp (Linden-Schwarzer Bär). All are virtually guaranteed to have at least some English speakers there, not just of the Irish persuasion.

Then there's Henry's Griddle (Georgstraße near the opera), where many Americans tend to go, though most seem to be visiting businesspeople.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

Henry´s? Wouldn´t go there!;)

BTW, I was surprised as anyone that "pubs of preference in Hannover" got it´s own thread - it wasn´t me, honest guv.

@Fairfax - are you saying that the best pubs are the ones with english speakers in them? Are you sure?;)

I was in Henry's last night. Very friendly staff, good food, can recommend it.

Most English speaking people go to Jack the Rippers, even the bar maid is from the U.K. I like Jack's and it is a great place to go to anyday.

I haven't heard any English speakers here, but my current favorite (because of the beer) is the Brauhaus near Aegidientorplatz...the homebrews are very delicious...