Group meet up for cards and boardgames

626 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new to Toytown and this is my first post, although I have been in Germany for a few years.

I love playing boardgames, especially euro-style games. I have collected hundreds of excellent board and card games since living in Germany and I'm always looking for friends to play them with me.

I would be interested in joining your gaming get-togethers.

My other major hobby is cross-stitching.

I don't work outside the home and my kids are older (11 and 14) so I am free most nights for get-togethers. I could also host at my house.

I live in the Blankenese area of Hamburg.

Betty

Generally I'd be interested, but Mat doesn't know about rehearsal dates yet, so I can't commit on a date yet. (OT @Laurel: I heard you are in charge of the costumes? Great! :) )

I'd love to play Mah Jongg with you guys again!

edit: would also be OK with Canasta, but need infos about the rules, it's been too long ago...

Hope to see you next week.

Hi everyone,

wednesdays would work for me if we were meeting at cafe May as I am teaching right next door till 9 pm, thursdays would only work if I hosted (which I would be pleased to do), as I have my daughter...

I live 2 mins from S-Bahn Langenfelde.

@ Marymanu - sorry that I forgot to get back to you on that...

Hello Ladies!

Next weds sounds great! I'm game! ;-)

I wonder if they'll put out the free treats again?

Wednesday works fine for me, might be half an hour late, though.

Shall I bring the Mah Jongg set?

edit: have just seen your post, Laurel. Mat has got rehearsal on Wed - so that will probably affect you, too... :( boo

hi. weds or thurs is fine for me. Meeting somewhere central sounds like a good idea too, let me know where and when and should i bring anything?

silly me hadnt read the recent threads. So Wednesday at Cafe May. Where about is that? I must admit most of the games that have been mentioned I have never played but I can watch a few games and i'm sure i'll figure them out sooner or later...

I am in.

Shell...where are you coming from. Maybe we can meet up and walk to the Cafe together? As for the games, don't worry you will pick something up quickly.

Yes, you guessed it, I am in rehearsal on Wednesday. Hope you ladies have lots of fun and I'll be there next time for sure!

Ps. You guys should all come to me and Mat's play RICHARD III at the University Audimax the next two weeks. I've designed the costumes and Mat is acting in the show. I'll put up some information about it in its own post.

I will of course be there on the opening night, and one or two other nights.

I might have to call Mat "His Eminence" from next week on, so that he gets a better feel for the role :rolleyes:

Will you be there every evening, Laurel?

Hi Steph. Ill be coming on the U3 probably. I think I have been to cafe May before about a year ago but I have forgotten how i got there, maybe its best I meet you there just in case I get lost and you end up standing in the cold waiting for me (not a great first impression to make, is it?).

See you all tomorrow.x

If you take the U3 you can take the metrobus No. 4 at Schlump and get off at Apostelkirche - from there it's a 1 Minute walk.

Otherwise you can take the U2 to Osterstraße and either walk (can't estimate how far), or take the 4 to Apostelkirche.

Has anybody made a reservation yet?

If not, I'd make one for 7:30 for (let's say) six? people?