Group meet up for cards and boardgames

626 posts in this topic

Hello Ladies,

A couple of us from Toytown have been talking at different TT events about getting together once or twice a month to play games like Mah Jong, Wizard, card games, Scrabble, or whatever else is fun! We've gotten together a few times now for games, snacks, wine, and some girl talk. However it's been difficult keeping it as a regular thing because it's hard to coordinate with everyone's schedules. We finally decided we should put it up online and see if anyone else is interested! For now it seems the days that people are available are Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons. Anybody interested? We've mostly hosted Girls Game Night ourselves at each person's house but were thinking of having it at a centrally located cafe like Cafe May in Eimsbuettel. So, ladies, tell us what you think?

As said on the bookswapping meeting - whenever I can, I'll be in. Just have a lot going on at the moment.

But Saturday afternoons generally don't work for me - I don't really fancy a game AFTERNOON to be honest, and usually also don't have the time on Saturday afternoons, normally going out in the evenings...

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are generally OK.

I would suggest to take turns with the weekdays, so that somebody who e.g. has sth on every Wednesday can still join if it's on another weekday.

Maybe something like every 1st Tuesday of the month and every 3rd Wednesday of the month would be viable?

Just my twopence.

I am always up for a boardgame or card games. I especially love poker.

No particular time is bad for me, it changes daily, so whenever everyone else is available I should be able to make it work out.

Cheers.

I like this idea, in theory :) Although I must confess I don't actually know how to play many board/card games, I'm always happy to learn.. and even more happy to have an excuse to chill out and chat with some nice people! Bren

Unfortunately I work almost every evening so those nights are out for me, but that doesn't mean you guys can't get together without me! I'm mostly up for Friday nights or Saturday afternoons, if anyone is interested.

What if we have a game one week night a month and one weekend a month...would that suit? Maybe something like the second Saturday of every month and the 4 Monday or Tuesday...I am pretty flexible so I will go with majority rules, but I really would like to get this up and running. ;)

Steph

Ooooh, I love board games. I'm so there!

By the way - my personal favorites are Outburst, Pictionary and UNO cards.

Since we have a few interested, should we start the ball rolling? How about we have our first game next week? Could be an evening or a Saturday...what works for the majority?

When shall we have the first one? Monday or Wednesday night would work for me depending on where the game night was located and what time it started. As a suggestion, how about Wednesday night (14. Nov) at 7 pm. I'd be happy to host it at my place in Eimsbuettel if it's less than 6 people interested. More and we'd have to go to Cafe May, a great place a few blocks away in between the Osterstrasse U Bahn and the Langenfelde S Bahn.

Any takers?

I think Wed 14th might be OK for me, depending on what time you start and I have to check on one other thing first.

But generally I'm interested.

Dang, I just started yoga classes, and they are on... you've guessed it, a Wednesday! By all means go ahead without me, I'm sure there'll be another games night I can make in the future :) Bren

@Payola: We'll have to see how many people are coming. If it's a lot, we might have it at the cafe and bringing our own munchies would be a no-no (and a shame considering how good the munchies are at Cafe May!)

Let's see, a quick list:

Marymanu

Steph0313

PayolaDL

Raabbott

Hammonia (maybe)

Anyone else up for Wed the 14th? I've extended an invitation to 4 other Ladies who aren't on Toytown, but no word back yet.

i won't be here then.. I'll be in England! and then not long after that I have to go back to the states for a while.

I'm sorry I'll miss it, but I will be coming back... eventually. :)

Have fun!

Raabbott, sorry we'll miss you. Have fun in England.

Okay, I've gotten some replies from friends not on Toytown, and three others are interested in coming, so I think we should definitely have it at the cafe. Let's say Cafe May at 7 pm. I'll call and reserve a couple tables. We can get snacks, cake and drinks there.

Address:

Lappenbergsallee 30

040/32038162

What games do we want to play? With so many we might need to split up into groups but this is okay. We could play cards, poker, Siedler, Wizard, Mah Jong, etc.

I would like to join, but depends on when I get back from a client meeting. Count me in for now and I'll confirm next week. Thanks!

I have a dumb question about Mah Johg. I've only played it on a computer, and I'm not sure I'm even playing it correctly. I just match tiles and they disappear. Sometimes I complete the puzzle, sometimes I don't. Is the live game the same? If not, is it possible to learn the rules in a few minutes - or do I need time to figure it out?

It is actually quite complicated and takes awhile to learn but you can have cheat sheets on scoring, etc. My favorite thing to play at the coffee shop is cards because they are so easily portable and you can play and have a conversation at the same time. But, MJ is fun too. Why don't we have a vote: what does everyone want to play?