Do you like bananas?

Bananas: The World's Most Polarizing Fruit   86 votes

1. 1. So how do you really feel about bananas?

• Are you kidding?! I LOVE bananas. In fact, I eat bananas all day with me mates whilst picking the fleas out of each other's fur and singing songs in support of Manchester United!
    • I also love bananas but hate Manchester United. I hate everybody, bananas are all I have left.
    • OK, this is the thing..I like the taste of bananas but HATE the texture. So I eat things like banana chips, muffins, banana pudding (with vanilla wafers) and so on. But I never eat an actual banana.
    • I hate everything about bananas. I would rather talk to SpiderPig about his colonics than eat a banana.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

Banana pudding :wub:

Someone dared me to find a subject deeper than unconditional love to poll about. I believe I found it. No fruit is more polarizing than bananas. You either love them or you hate them or you're sitting on the fence, (like me) and voted #3.

So does anyone have a unique banana recipe? Something different?

post-8014-1193909335_thumb.jpg

I found this recipe for banana cranberry bread and am wondering if adding a little ginger would give it some kick..

http://papa.essortment.com/cranberrybanana_nyq.htm

Here's a ginger bananas recipe but I couldn't eat it as the bananas are probably very smushy.

The average American eats 25 lbs. of bananas a year

That's incredible. I can't imagine that...

But bananas are a good winter food as they can naturally raise serotonin and norepinephrine levels and help with depression.

Dids,

hmm, see that does sound good but very mushy and sticky..hmm

My dad used to make us banana sandwiches on untoasted white bread with mayo..it was disgusting. I'm traumatized because of it and have a strong aversion to "mushy".

Wash hands, toast the bread, spread peanut butter on toast, put banana slices on top of peanut butter, eat, enjoy, wash face and hands again.

YUM!!! I LOVE toasted PBB sandwiches.

I couldn´t vote because I HATE banana flavoured things but like to eat firm, not too ripe bananas- or frozen ones on a stick...hmmm. Banana cake etc, yuck!

Came up with this whilst a poor student rummaging in the cupboard of leftovers:

Gingersnap biscuits

Banana

Baileys

Mush it all together and you've got a bowl of mush that is, more importantly, delicious. Well, the Gingersnap biscuits by their nature retain some crunchiness, unless you overdo it with the Baileys.

Wow, Renia..I didn't know people like you exist! :P Hence, the missing poll option. Sorry.

Toytown is a place for bananas of all sorts!

I also didn't vote 'cos I am OK with bananas but certainly do not love or hate them.

The Hermans however are the biggest consumers of bananas in the world per head I think. They love 'em over here. I guess they are still considered rather rare and exotic fruits by the german supermarkets.

I couldn´t vote because I HATE banana flavoured things but like to eat firm, not too ripe bananas- or frozen ones on a stick...hmmm. Banana cake etc, yuck!

I'm the same way! I don't like the flavour but every once in the while I get s craving for a barely ripe banana (both ends have to still be green and there can't be asingle brown spot). Even then it only happens about once a year.

Maybe the craving is brought on by a potassium deficiency?

My step mother was once on the Atkins diet and started having terrible leg pains. She called the doctor and he told her to eat a banana immediately and come to see him. He then gave her some potassium directly but apparently bananas can save a life of someone who is malnurished to the point of extreme postassium deprivation (which can cause heart failure)

I'm the same way! I don't like the flavour but every once in the while I get s craving for a barely ripe banana (both ends have to still be green and there can't be asingle brown spot). Even then it only happens about once a year.

Exactly, but I would eat them more than once a year- once a month probably. Can be a good quick breakfast on the run.

*sniggers* Makes me giggle!

Wash hands, toast the bread, spread peanut butter on toast, put banana slices on top of peanut butter, eat, enjoy, wash face and hands again.

Nom nom nom...

I'm the same - like bananas - hate banana flavoured stuff - there's something really nasty about banana flavouring.

OMG!

That's REAL banana pudding with vanilla waifers and all! DROOL!!!

Oh, my horse for an American supermarket!

Cherry and almond scented stuff often smells similar - I don't have a problem with cherries - but being allergic to nuts I do have a problem with anything that smells nutty - so if something cherry flavoured smells even vaguely almondy, it makes me feel ill.

I think OG and ER are having troubles using the same computer this morning. :P

This has been my breakfast every day (except today. I needed hangover pancakes) for almost 20 years. However, it works a little differently in our house.

Wash hands, toast the bread, cut banana into slices, watch as dog jumps around like a spastic mental patient, place some slices in dog's bowl, watch as dog eats slices in one gulp then licks the coating off the bowl in desperate attempt to get every microscopic morsel, spread peanut butter on toast, put banana slices on top of peanut butter, eat, enjoy, wash face and hands again.

Bananas are by far her favorite food. I actually woke her up out of a deep sleep on the sofa once just by peeling a banana in the kitchen. Dem dogz got da good ears.

The Hermans however are the biggest consumers of bananas in the world per head I think. They love 'em over here. I guess they are still considered rather rare and exotic fruits by the german supermarkets.

I believe bananas are the biggest selling fruit in the UK as well.

"More than 95 per cent of UK households buy bananas every week. Only lottery tickets and petrol sales outstrip them. Bananas are us, it seems."

"On average each person in the UK eats 10kg bananas a year. A lot of bananas!"

I eat a banana every working day with my lunch, but don't hate Manchester United, as hate suggests some sort of emotional response, whereas I am completely indifferent to football.