Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Careers in finance in Frankfurt

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I am studying finance at the moment in Greece. When I finish my studies I would like to pursue a finance career in frankfurt(selbstverstaendlich kann ich schon gut Deutsch- 6 Monate war ich Erasmus student in Muenchen). I think it would be a good idea to work there, since frankfurt is an important financial centre in Europe(ECB, DB, Deutsche Boerse, Eurex) and at the same time offers a comfortable and affordable lifestyle to its residents. I am well aware that London is by far the financial capital of Europe, (or perhaps World), but i think that the cost of living and renting/buying property exorbitant(of course if you succeed you are extremely well paid). The same at a lesser extent applies to Paris.

I would like your own opinion on the above. And in particular is there enough demand for finance professionals over there, or is Frankfurt losing its attractivity? Are the people well paid? And, if i do postgraduate studies, would it be a good idea to study in Frankfurt, in order to meet people, make connections, or could it be perhaps better to study a couple of years in the Us or the UK, where finance studies are top, and then maybe look for a job in frankfurt?

Well you may say i am too young to think about this, but I am really interested in your perspective.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Hi, if you looking for a financial position, try ING-DiBa. They pay well, ca. 2500 - 5000 Euros's monthly, depending on your qualifications, and have some great social benefits. As far as I know they are almost the only Bank that is taking in new employees on a regular basis, about 50 per month in fact.

Possibilities for postgraduate studies:

Goethe Business School

Uni Frankfurt

Frankfurt School

Postgraduate studies have been established only recently in Germany. That's why you won't find anything in rankings. But I have read that the GBS-MBA has good chances of good grades once it will be assessed. There is better Unis in the UK and the US though. For those who can afford them at least...