Crazy political correctness in the UK

75 posts in this topic

Hi there!

So, I work for a German company in Munich where my colleagues have regular English lessons (both language and culture) and the theme of this week's class was "Political Correctness in the UK". My colleague then asked me if I had any examples of crazy (sorry..."mentally challenged") PC-ness that she could share in next week's class.

So... do you have any?

I'll start:

Pot-washer = "Ceramic technician"

Thought Shower or Word Shower substituting for brainstorm so as not to offend those with brain disorders such as epilepsy.

Well suck me in and blow me out in square bubbles :o

he he reminds me of a headline in the guardian about the race between obahma and clinton.

melanin vs. mammories

"Defered winners" for fat slow children who lose on the school sports day. I kid thee not.

they're going to be looking at how news is reported in the UK as well- that's where this topic leads to.

By the way, my melanin one is pure family humor, I have never seen or heard it used anywhere else.

We use "pigment-dense" and "pigment-spacious" back home... notably the first one. It's a bad, bad, racist joke and we should all wash our mouths with soap.

Wouldn't melanin-deprived be hurtful to those such afflicted? Otherly melanin endowed?

As a long-standing deferred winner on sports day, I welcome the advent of more tolerance for fat slow kids.

Oops.