European film festival

21 posts in this topic

Several former colleagues of mine and I are organizng a European film festival due to take place from 28.11. - 05.12. this year. It will be the first one of its kind and we will be showing entirely European films, most of which have not been shown in Germany before. Our intention is to promote European films and the film industry which has been dominated by the big blockbusters coming from Hollywood. Seeing as this is the opening year we are very unlikely to make any profit but we hope it will be a be success and lead to an annual festival. For further details see the website www.europafilmfest.de (not yet available in English) or contact me.

We are going to have a press release next week (hopefully), watch this space for more details.

Some of the films have German sub-titles, including the Bavarian one. For more information pick up the programme from the Mathäser Filmpalast or Gloria Palast.

Never been to Gloria Palast before but presumably it's possible to reserve tickets in advance? Hope to see "Venus" on Thurs. 29th at 20.00 if anyone wants to join..please PM if interested so I know how many tickets to reserve.

Uncle NIck, you can have a guess :) .

It is the Leergut one. Heard from friend it´s ment to be very good and planned to see it back home but this way, woolleym can see it as well :rolleyes: .

Enjoyed the film (Venus) last night...funny but sad too. My next film to watch will be "Flawless" on Monday 3rd at 17.30...most people probably can't make it that early but incase anyone is interested in coming along PM me.

@Uncle Nick

P.S. Are you "living" at the Gloria Palast for the next 5 days? :P

I enjoyed "Cashback" very much. Was suprised to know most of the films are also recent releases. According to imdb.com "Ostrov - The Island", "Control" and "Moliere" should be worth watching

Just got back from "Control". Liked it but couldn't enjoy it really as so many people in the cinema seemed to think they were at the kids club or something. The Philistine scum laughed their way through each and every tense moment ruining the film for the rest of us.

Well done to the organizers for putting on such a great line up of films though.