What are you cooking today?

4,829 posts in this topic

The Kitchen Aid rocks - I had one in the US where they are a thousand times cheaper than here. Fire it up every year when I am home from Christmas - reunited and it feels so good. I miss that machine.

I hear that. I was using a hand mixer today, thinking longingly about my Kitchen Aid and its superior mixing powers. :)

I think it was Lidle last year that had a small section of Kitchen Aid for less than 200E (with all the accessories as normal). People was just scraping them up. I was thinking why get another mixture when I have a good one. then when I seen the video I had a Homer Simpson "dou" response to myself.

If I bought it then I could of now bought the cool pastas attachments. What a mistake...urggg. Can't look back...need to keep my eyes on the prize. One day one day Kitchen Aid you be mines....

Tonight I am experimenting with making Tiramisu with alternative ingredients, fruits and without. It need 3 hours minimum to be refrigerated. Now I just will have to wait to see if they came out tasting nicely.

I inaugurated the new food processor by using the thin slicer to slice some apple quarters, then mixed the slices into pancake batter. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, raised apple pancakes, drool!

Staffordshire Oatcakes for linch!

Inform TBFB!

Its my husband birthday his request- Meat loaf

First time making Tiramisu and I have the nerve to use alternative ingredients. But you know what. It actually taste good.

I made one with strawberries and banana and the other without fruits. Hubby should be back I believe tonight and I want to surprise him.

Ingredients instead of mascarpone cheese I use cremigleight.

For coffee to dip my ladyfingers in, lol, I love that name I used my favorite "Latte Macchiato Creme & Caffe Liquore" and "Baily Original" mix together. This was the only two thing that was differently done from the regular recipes found throughout the web. Oh ya I did not use any eggs.

Now that I know it actually taste good I need to make two more and refrigerate it!

post-81733-13016536782861.jpg

Serenajean happy birthday to your hubby!

I'm making grilled octopus and stuffed squid tonight. We're on a clean-out-the-freezer-mission and working our way from bottom to top. Way too much stuff in there.

I worked in an italian place for a while and they used egg liqueur as opposed to actual egg to make the tiramisu, probably similar to the effect you get from the baileys. that and a shit load of espresso and other alcohol. Looks very nice by the way.

Thanks Iain, then next time I will try the egg liquor with normal coffee. I have a bottle in my refrigerator. I was hoping when I initially had bought it that it tasted like egg nog and it came nothing close to it. Plus my goodness it is so strong! Normally I can handle my liquor but not that. So perhaps as you mention it will taste better when not alone. I am going to put your suggestion on my list of things to experiment with and perhaps I will have a second variation to make tiramisu :)

The other day I found a recipe of a so called artisan bread (the kind that is done in 5 minutes - yeah, right!), so I decided to give it a try (with some minor changes to it).

Yesterday I prepared the dough and used part of it today:

A small bread for breakfast (I ate it so fast it didn't have time to get cold)

post-131879-13016648676469_thumb.jpg

A pizza for lunch (really good, considering it wasn't pizza dough and it was made partially with vollkorn wheat flour)

post-131879-13016648900998_thumb.jpg

Currently baking a lemon tart and 'black velvet' cakes - chocolate and guinness cakes with a champagne cream topping :D

Used up the last of my Lidl cheddar cheese (:() and made these Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits. They turned out really well and now I can't stop eating them!!

I've been craving comfort food these past few days so I made Chef Chloe Coscarelli's mac and cheese with broccoli. So good. So full. Must go lie down on that couch over there.