What are you cooking today?

4,770 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Alexnf said:

Ask for graviera (γραβιέρα), it is very similar !

We did!❤️❤️

Our favourite Greek cheese! Maria sorted it out for our saganaki today!  We have found a great place at Pacheia Ammos ( close to our village ). 

And we found a tree on the beach we can hide under with the dogs when it is hot! Hot today!😂

On 6/9/2022, 10:03:49, Techsmex said:

Got a hankerin for some fresh caught fried catfish.  I prefer to fry in peanut oil.  make sure you squeeze some lemon juice over the top before imbibing..

and don't forget a salad  and some side veggies, you health nuts!

There's lemon. Nuff said.

Some French fries maybe? 😎

13 hours ago, Techsmex said:

Rice, beans and beef enchiladas

2022-07-17_14-20-17.jpg

Username check passed.

P.S., We need the "love heart" reaction icon.

Trying to find some low carbohydrate Kuchen, Torte, Kekse, biscuits. Even in a Reformhaus shop, I couldn't find anything less than 60 per 100g Kohlenhydrat. 

Anybody any ideas?    

Found some neglected fishfingers in the freezer.  Not a huge fan but this  Fishfinger Bhorta is good.  Had to do some subs (sob, no coriander but used  dill as it was use it or chuck it out time) but still worked.

Fish finger bhorta recipe - BBC Food

Edit:  BTW if you are trying to save power.  Defrost the fish fingers and cook them on the hob.   The onions do not need 20 minutes, if you use a lid until they are opaque,  then take lid off to get rid of liquid, and make them slightly  brown.  Etc, etc. Am using bottled lime juice,not as good but works.  

Fish finger bhorta

Pad Thai Pizza

Sauce:

30 ml oil

1/2 cup chopped shallots

6 cloves minced garlic

70g palm sugar (or brown sugar)

1/4 cup fish sauce

1/2 cup tamarind paste (the runny kind)

1/3 cup preserved radish (not critical but it's nice)

1 Tbsp dried shrimp (I make them unrecognizable with a mortar and pestle. 

chilies to taste (I smash these up along with the shrimp)

Sautee the shallots and garlic in the oil until browned.  Dump in the sugar and let melt then caramelize for a short while.  Remove from heat and carefully add the liquids.  Once the violent boiling ends, add the shrimp and radish.  Continue to heat on medium until the sauce thickens up a bit.  Do not forget to taste.  If it's not tart enough add some lime juice. Too tart?  Add some water. 

1 package of boneless Chicken (white or dark meat; your call):

Marinate in fish sauce, honey, water, sesame oil for a few hours then sautee until browned up nicely. Chop up into smallish chunks.

1 package of rolled-up pizza dough.  Get one that utilizes the entire area of your oven's cooking sheet.  For me this is the XXL-variety.

Unroll and slather on the sauce, distribute the chicken evenly. 

1 package of Pizzakäse or better yet, shred your own. 

Bake according to the dough package instructions

Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts

Next time I plan to try adding fried scrambled egg, green onion and/or garlic chives to the mix.  Probably sautee the garlic/onion with the chicken, and make the egg separately. 

I love making these asian glazed chicken wings (but I leave out the cola! and substitute honey in place of brown sugar).

https://nourish.schnucks.com/recipes/asian-glazed-sticky-wings/

• 1/4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (or honey a substitute)
  • 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp. pure sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp.  garlic blend or minced fresh garlic
  • 2 tbsp.  ginger spice blend or grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
  • 4 lb. Natural chicken wings, wing tips removed and cut in half at joint
  • nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 tbsp. white sesame seeds
  • 3 green onions, thinly sliced
  1. In large bowl, with whisk, stir soy sauce, brown sugar (or honey), mustard, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cayenne. Add wings and toss to coat; spread wings evenly in bowl to cover in as much marinade as possible. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to marinate.
  2. Preheat oven to 200 C. Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with aluminum foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. With tongs, remove wings from marinade (reserve marinade); arrange wings in single layer on prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wings are golden, turning wings once and rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Note: If you use airfryer you can probably reduce the heat and/or time and use the airfry basket instead of a tray. 
  4. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat reserved marinade to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil until sauce is thick, syrupy and reduced to about 3/4 cup.
  5. Also Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently; transfer to plate.
  6. Transfer wings to large bowl and toss with reduced marinade and green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.