What are you cooking today?

4,629 posts in this topic

The eggs sound good but rice pudding for lunch reminds me of my school dinners when I was a lad. Yuck!馃槦

Ok, the question is- how much does rob love her MIL?馃槀

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

And pray what is wrong with these聽

What did the doctor say? Does she need to be in a clinic with all that pain or are you responsible for her care?

Surely she can get her "teeth" fixed with an emergency appointment.

41 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What did the doctor say? Does she need to be in a clinic with all that pain or are you responsible for her care?

Clinic? With corona these days? - Not an option.

51 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks for asking, Fruity!

Yes, well, the Doc was of the opinion that she needed to be checked over thoroughly in the hospital, so she got taken away this afternoon.

They tried to do an MRT this afternoon, but weren麓t able to get her in the right position due to pain - she quite probably has a slipped/worn out disc in her neck, which I know from personal experience is really incredibly painful!

Anyway, due for another try tommorow, and she is on intravenous drugs in the meantime.

As for the teeth, well, this has all sort of snowballed since her last visit to the dentist, where she could barely get out of the chair for pain, so she wants to be sorted out before attempting to get the teeth done, if you see what I mean?

I do so hope they can fix her neck and get rid聽of the pain聽My mother was eld.rly and聽ill with lots of things, but it was the banal but excrutiating pain from her shoulder joint that made everythung unbearable.聽 聽Took away so much of the joy that she still had for living.

After my total knee replacement it took close to ten days for my taste buds to calm down - everything tasted awful except for cottage cheese. If you want bland, I recommend cottage cheese natur - no pineapple, cherries, etc. Just plain old cottage cheese.

13 hours ago, robinson100 said:

she quite probably has a slipped/worn out disc in her neck, which I know from personal experience is really incredibly painful!

Been there, done that, had the OP.聽

I hope she finds relief soonest.

Good old potato soup- potatoes.聽 garlic, leeks, onions and carrots. Chop, simmer in veggie or chicken broth. Add S&P,聽 oregano, marjoram, nutmeg.

I take out聽 some of the veggies, but use a hand blender to puree in the pan. Check seasoning, return the cubed veggies.聽 Serve with Wieners or crusty rolls. Bon Appetit!