What are you cooking today?

4,762 posts in this topic

The eggs sound good but rice pudding for lunch reminds me of my school dinners when I was a lad. Yuck!馃槦

Ok, the question is- how much does rob love her MIL?馃槀

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

And pray what is wrong with these聽

What did the doctor say? Does she need to be in a clinic with all that pain or are you responsible for her care?

Surely she can get her "teeth" fixed with an emergency appointment.

41 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What did the doctor say? Does she need to be in a clinic with all that pain or are you responsible for her care?

Clinic? With corona these days? - Not an option.

51 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks for asking, Fruity!

Yes, well, the Doc was of the opinion that she needed to be checked over thoroughly in the hospital, so she got taken away this afternoon.

They tried to do an MRT this afternoon, but weren麓t able to get her in the right position due to pain - she quite probably has a slipped/worn out disc in her neck, which I know from personal experience is really incredibly painful!

Anyway, due for another try tommorow, and she is on intravenous drugs in the meantime.

As for the teeth, well, this has all sort of snowballed since her last visit to the dentist, where she could barely get out of the chair for pain, so she wants to be sorted out before attempting to get the teeth done, if you see what I mean?

I do so hope they can fix her neck and get rid聽of the pain聽My mother was eld.rly and聽ill with lots of things, but it was the banal but excrutiating pain from her shoulder joint that made everythung unbearable.聽 聽Took away so much of the joy that she still had for living.

After my total knee replacement it took close to ten days for my taste buds to calm down - everything tasted awful except for cottage cheese. If you want bland, I recommend cottage cheese natur - no pineapple, cherries, etc. Just plain old cottage cheese.

13 hours ago, robinson100 said:

she quite probably has a slipped/worn out disc in her neck, which I know from personal experience is really incredibly painful!

Been there, done that, had the OP.聽

I hope she finds relief soonest.

Good old potato soup- potatoes.聽 garlic, leeks, onions and carrots. Chop, simmer in veggie or chicken broth. Add S&P,聽 oregano, marjoram, nutmeg.

I take out聽 some of the veggies, but use a hand blender to puree in the pan. Check seasoning, return the cubed veggies.聽 Serve with Wieners or crusty rolls. Bon Appetit!

Linzertorte.聽 Ages since I last made one & I forgot which recipe I used back then.聽 Not so convinced about this one...

Linzer_14DEC21.jpg

Pumpkin soup.

Beef tongue in Madeira sauce with potato pur茅e.

Coleslaw.

Forgot to buy some cake. Maybe I'll make some mango-yogurt ice-cream.

Yes; it's a special occasion.

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to buy poblano peppers and tomatillos in Munich somewhere?

Please stop laughing at my question.聽

:)

11 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to buy poblano peppers and tomatillos in Munich Mexico聽somewhere?

I鈥榤 not laughing 馃尪.

Himself buys poblanos weekly. He said he gets them at Rewe, Edeka, Wertkauf, Aldi, etc.

We love to just brown them in a pan and sprinkle with pretzel salt.

10 hours ago, HEM said:

Linzertorte.聽 Ages since I last made one & I forgot which recipe I used back then.聽 Not so convinced about this one...

Linzer_14DEC21.jpg

Looks amazing- I love the almonds and raspberry jam!

Bought all-butter Blatterteig. so going to make mincemeat聽pinwheels and freeze uncooked.聽 To bake when wanted, as do not think they will keep well,聽 With flaked almonds.聽 Obviously very rich, do they need brandy butter?聽 Making a stem ginger xmas puddings today.聽 Had Moderna booster yesterday (after 2 Biontech).聽 The booser is only half the strength of the usual one.聽 But boy, have only just slept for 2 hours.聽 My arm aches really, really badly.聽 One armed cooking.

Klicken Sie hier, um zur Rezept-Website zu gelangen

5 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Bought all-butter Blatterteig. so going to make mincemeat聽pinwheels and freeze uncooked.聽 To bake when wanted, as do not think they will keep well,聽 With flaked almonds.聽 Obviously very rich, do they need brandy butter?聽 Making a stem ginger xmas puddings today.聽 Had Moderna booster yesterday (after 2 Biontech).聽 The booser is only half the strength of the usual one.聽 But boy, have only just slept for 2 hours.聽 My arm aches really, really badly.聽 One armed cooking.

Klicken Sie hier, um zur Rezept-Website zu gelangen

These look fab! Reminds me of when my partner and I聽had just moved here two years ago and decided to make home-made Cornish pasties. They looked amazing but then took a bite only to find that we had picked up a packet of sweet pastry rather than savoury due to our poor German. Super weird experience!

18 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Obviously very rich, do they need brandy butter?

I wouldn't think so - they look pretty lush as they are. If they are pudding in a meal, then maybe yes just for the look of it, but definitely not needed.

What a great idea. I like the way you just tossed them off one handed whilst recovering from your jab.聽

I also put stem ginger in the pud for the first time - just because it was hanging around and I thought it might be nice - now I know it's a thing. Yay聽:lol: